Chapter 7: Nerves and Karaoke

Taehyung POV

Taehyung POV

-flashback-

A few weeks had passed since our first date at the cafe. We'd gone on a few other outings. The only physical interaction we had was hugging and holding hands. And as cliche as it sounded, our hands fit together like the perfect puzzle pieces, her small dainty hands intertwined with mine. I was waiting for the right moment before I kissed her. It had to be special because she was special. It had to be meaningful because what we had was meaningful. And it had to be perfect because, in my eyes, she was perfect. 

I couldn't go three minutes without thinking about her. The way she would hide her cheeks when they turned pink, her gorgeous eyes that I could stare at for eternity, the way she makes my heart beat faster than it ever has. The way she talks and how much she cares about photography, the way her cheeks bloom with an irresistible blush whenever I compliment her.

I was pacing around my room trying to create the perfect outfit for tonight. I was taking her out to dinner and had booked us a reservation to a fancy restaurant. As the pacing continued, I realized I would never be able to do this on my own.

"HOBI-HYUNG! JIMINIE-HYUNG!" I yelled down the hallway to grab the attention of my hyungs.

The first one to come running down the hallway was none other than Jimin.

"What happened are you hurt?!?!?!? Who hurt you!!!" He yelled as he ran straight towards me without slowing down. I got a bit worried he was going to come barreling right into me but he stopped a few feet from me.

"Hyung, relax, I'm fine...kinda," I said to him with a nervous smile. But before he could reply to me, my other hyung was also spotted running down the hallway.

"TAE-TAE WHAT HAPPENED?!?!? ARE YOU OKAY?!?!?" He too seemed like he wasn't going to stop and would go flying through the door but I noticed he slowed down at the last second.

"Why do you both assume I'm dying or something whenever I call your names?" I chuckled.

"Oh. Well, I guess I just prepare myself for the worst." Hobi said back to me.

"Relax. I just need help finding an outfit for my date tonight."

"OOOOHHHHH!!" They both said in unison as they ran into my room to see all the clothing littering the floor.

"Wow, how long have you been trying stuff on?" Jimin asked.

"I don't know, maybe an hour," I said as I rubbed the back of my neck with a helpless look. I usually had no problem picking out what to wear and it was always the other boys coming to me for fashion advice. Not the other way around. But this time it was different. I was overflowing with nerves and I was failing at hiding it. Tonight was special and I wanted it to be perfect. All the way down to the clothing I wore.