Chapter 24

LILY

The same week after my visit at the dorm, I hung out with the boys once more before Jaemin's birthday.  We watched a movie, last week on Friday. I was leaving on the 19th.

/FLASHBACK to Friday, August 10/

"This movie is way more interesting than the one we watched last time."

"Hey, that movie is good." Renjun snaps.

"You're just saying that because it's a chinese movie." -Jeno

"Represent!!" Chenle cheers. I laugh.

Half way through, the plot was getting more intense and I basically ate all the popcorn while watching in fear and curiosity. I reached for popcorn in the bowl and Jaemin and I accidentally touched each other's hands. He was reaching for it too. We make eye contact and I look away. He laughs.

"You can't keep your hands off of me, huh?"

"Yeah right." 

I roll my eyes. Jeno looks at us. The other guys hear it too but they don't say anything.

"So, guys, how do you think you did on your exams??" I ask the 00 liners.

"Pretty good," they all say at the same time. Wow, they're so confident.

"Renjun you studied two days before," -Chenle

"So? I still did well."

"How were your exams?"

"What? The ones I took in June??" I ask Jeno and the rest of them laugh.

"Okayyy.. Neverminddd" He says in English.

"..Lucas hyung is asking me what I'm doing tomorrow." Chenle says out loud.

"Huh why? does he want to hang out?"

"...Hm... he wants to go shopping. I wonder why," He smiles. The other boys start smiling too and they look at Jaemin.

"Isn't your birthday this month?" Jeno teases.

"I know. You guys don't need to buy me presents."

"Yes we do! Why else would we throw a birthday party????"

He laughs.

"You can come, right?" 

"Huh?"

"Are you busy on Monday?"

"....You're inviting me?"

"Yes?"

"Isn't it going to be just the members with you?"

"No, I'm having one at my house. Only you guys will be there, and maybe a few of my close friends... And Lucas. because he loves parties."

"You can come, Lily." Mark says. Wow, I'm surprised. I don't even think I should be there to be honest.

"My mom is going to be happy when she sees you again by the way."

"Aw, I miss her. She's so sweet to me." 

Jaemin turns around. "..I was talking to Lily. But she misses you too, Chenle."

Later that day, I text Jaemin about his party.

Lily- 7:20 pm

"I don't know if I belong there, I feel like it's too personal for me to be there idk"

"I'll also be the only girl there lol"

Jaemin- 7:21 pm

"But you're my friend. And you've been at my house before."