Last One

Victoria
The Week Before
     I looked around the clan house for what felt like the last one.

"Victoria, you are sure?" Ana came up talked from behind me.

"Yes, it is an honor."

Ana stepped in front of me, "But is it what you want to do?"

"Yes, Ana. Leading the London branch of the clan is my dream!"

She smiled at me. "I'm glad." She wrapped her arm around my shoulders and lead me around.

"Ayesha!" I called to her. "Did you hear?"

"That you will be leading the London branch?"

I smiled and nodded, "What do you think about it?" Ayesha looked at Ana, then me, then Ana again.

She then broke into a huge smile, "I would love that."

My Apartment, Present Day
     I had cleaned out the entire place and watched them load the boxes into a truck. I kind of wanted to cry. It was bittersweet. I was getting my dream, but I was also losing all that I had built here over the last couple of months.

Wow, it had really only been a few months since I'd first met Casper. I leaned against the wall and held my head. The USB! I jumped up and ran to get it, relieved that I hadn't packed it.

Brooklyn's Basement
     "Hey."

Brooklyn jumped and turned around holding her chest. "You shit."

I shrugged, "Do you hate me?"

Brooklyn shook her head. "I know what if feels like to serve a tyrannical master, and sometimes, there are things that you must do to survive."

"Thank you."

"For?"

I hugged her. "You are the only one who I think understood."

"Well, I had to clean up Andrew's dead body. It makes a certain connection."

I groaned, "Not him again." I went up to Dante in his cage. "Will you be able to fix him?"

"Unfortunately, I'm no James Morris, but I'm trying."

I grasped the bars, "I am saying goodbye to Maeve soon." Dante perked up at her name. "Keep being the best brother you can when you are human again. She'll need you." Dante looked at me with a human expression in his eyes before he lunged at me. "I'll see you again, Dante." I stood up, "If you ever need my try London, alright!" I opened the hatch to the outside.

"Hey, wait!" Brooklyn shouted for me.

"Yes?"

"Have you noticed that your accent has become more American since we first met?"

I draped my hair to cover my face. "No, I had not." I opened the trap door and left, smiling.

Maeve's House
     Maeve opened her door and frowned.

"Nice to see you again," I smirked at her.

Maeve looked behind her and stepped outside. "I-Victoria..."

"Maeve, I know you don't really like me right now, but if you want, I can remove the memories of ever knowing me, if you want."

Maeve shuddered, "Wow, that's a lot to take in." She stood there, looking down silently for a couple more seconds. "No." She looked up at me confidently. "If- when- my brother comes back as the flirtatious, annoying, protective brother he is, I want to remember." She looked at me completely different than the girl who I had met so recently. "I want to remember you."

I hugged her. "You are an amazing girl, Maeve."

She relaxed into the hug, "I did really like you."

I let go of her and shrugged my shoulders. "I know I have told you this, and I know it still does not make sense, but you know I can never be the person you need me to be. I could never love you."

Maeve put her hands on her face and sighed, "I do miss the times when that was absolute nonsense." I hugged her again. "So is this goodbyes?"

I nodded, "Yeah, this is it for me in America for a while."

"Going back to London?"

I rolled my eyes, "I just cannot get a break from saving the world."

Maeve punched me, "Okay, whatever." We stood there, not talking for a little bit.

"Goodbye, Maeve."

She gulped. "Goodbye Victoria." I slowly backed up from her door and could not help but smile when I heard her close the door and laugh.

Last One
     I sped up to Casper's house, but only smelled Jacob inside. I took a slow step inside and released the breath. No burning.

"Jacob?"

"You are not welcome in this house!" He jumped down and growled at me.

"You know Casper does not have it in his heart to truly uninvite me in this house. Anyways, I have been going on a sort of goodbye spree."

"So, you're here to cry and say goodbye?"

"Actually, no. Somehow, I like the girl who imprisoned me more than I like you, and-"

"It's mutual." He smiled.

"Well, Jacob, I just wanted to say one thing." I held up my pointer finger, "There is a witch whose name is a pretty damn cool city who has a crush on you too.

"What are you talking about?"

"You are the one who can smell emotions, so you tell me." He calmed down and thought about it. I opened the door to leave.

"Victoria!"

I smiled and stopped. "Yes?"

"You owe me a rematch one day."

I chuckled, "Alright, wolfie. When you are older." I closed the door on the Clyde home and sped to find Casper.

Casper
     "You are just going to leave?" I shouted at him. He turned around, and I sped up to him. "You do not need to tell me off. I am just going to give you this and leave." I held out the USB. He took it and nodded a goodbye to me. "Casper!" He stopped again. "No goodbye hug?" I held my arms out, and he slowly walked over. I learned in like I was going for a hug but kissed him. It was a quick, soft peck, but meaningful, nonetheless. I heard his heartbeat jump. "Bye, Casper."

He held onto the thumb drive tightly and opened his mouth hesitantly. "I love you."

I hugged him. "I know Casper." He hugged me tighter. "And in two hundred years, I do believe that I would love you, too." We held onto each other, in what must have been the safest hum in existence. "Goodbye." I slowly let him go and watched him walk off like a badass cowboy into the sunset.

I smiled to myself as I watched him and thought through what I had given him.