Chapter 16

LEXI'S POV

It's now Wednesday morning and I still haven't told Xavier about my "date" with Roy.

I'm currently getting ready for school. I don't like wearing the uniform the way way very one else wears it so I usually take a few more minutes to get ready. Today the skirt is rolled up above the knee again and I'm actually wearing my own shirt today. The girls don't have to wear a tie so I decided to layer on a couple of necklaces of various lengths.

"Lexi hurry up, its almost time to go." Xavier calls up to the room. Being a guy has its perks. He just threw on his slacks and shirt and bam! he's ready, while I have to do my makeup, hair, and try to make the uniform as unique as possible without getting in trouble with the headmaster.

"Give me five more minutes!" I shout back at him. Quickly I swipe on some mascara and eyeliner. I grab my knee high boots and run down the stairs. I can't see Xavier anywhere.

'Where are you, I'm done.' I ask him through the mind link.

'Waiting in the car.' He answers me.

I lock the door, shoes and school bag in hand, and run to the car.

"It took you an hour to get ready, and you still don't have your shoes on?" he shakes his head.

"Beauty can't be rushed." I bend down to zip the boots up.

"Your beautiful no matter what Lex."

"You're supposed to say that, you are my mate." I let him know, finally sitting up right in my seat.

I look out the window and close the link. I still have to figure out how to tell him about the concert tomorrow night. I have three options the way I see it.

1) Cancel on Roy.

2) Lie to Xavier.

3) Tell him the truth and run the risk of him killing Roy.

If I cancel on Roy I'll feel bad for the rest of the time we're here. If I lie to Xavier it's going to get really ugly, he might actually kill Roy AND not talk to me. If I tell him the truth he would demand I at least keep the link open so he knows what's going on the whole time.

"Lex, we're here." Xavier snaps me out of my thoughts. Looking up, I notice that the car is parked and Xavier is looking at me like I'm a bit crazy, or crazier.

I take his hand as he's about to exit tu car. "Wait, I need to tell you something before you find out from someone else."

"Can it wait?" he asks, flashing his phone. "We're gonna be late."

"No. It'll just take a minute."

"Fine. What is it?" he sounds mad but I know he's not.

"I'mgoingonadatewithRoytomorrow!" I rush together hoping he won't understand.

"Your going on a what with that asshole?!" he shouts at me.

"We're going as just friends." I mutter.

"We are gonna talk about this at home."

Silently we get out of the car and head to our classes.

For the rest of the day he ignores me. No private conversations, no flirty glances, no anything.

The ride home is silent and awkward, and I'm afraid that if I speak he's going to blow. We arrive at the house and silently we go inside. He heads upstairs and I stay in the living room. I can feel his anger, disappointment, and hurt through the mate bond.Not long after I start dinner I heard a crash and a loud curse coming from our room. Running on instinct I hurry to see what if my mate is well. Walking in the room all I can see is glass.