PART 37 - HER FEARS

Hola Everyone,

It's Thursday and I am here with the next update, My sincere apologies for the delay but I was caught up with my work. Thank you for your votes and comments. Means a lot.🙂🙂🙂
Without further ado, here is the next part of this story. Hope you like it :-

******************

"SONA.... WHAT's THE MATTER? WHY ARE YOU CRYING?

Sonakshi did not answer Dev and just hugged him tightly clinging on to him as for a moment was taken aback but then wound his arms around her taking her into his hold as she kept snivelling which wetted his Tee. He caressed her hairs trying to calm her down, but her cries did not cease.

"Sona...Bachaa...What's the matter? Why are you crying? Please tell me" he said but she kept quiet and just tightened her hug not letting him get go away from her. He kept caressing her hair and back as he spoke "Sona...Calm down dear...please calm down" he said as he moved a little with her still in his hold as he made her sit on the chair kept on the side. He made her drink some water as by now her sobs turned into light snivels as he kneeled beside her holding her hands while she just hung her head down.

"Sona..." said Dev as he kept his finger on her chin and lifted her face, one look at her face and he knew she had been crying for a long time, the dried tears on her face and her reddened eyes indicated the same. Dev got up to go and get a wet towel to wipe her face but as soon as he turned he felt Sonakshi's hand clutching his tightly as she looked at him with pleading eyes, clearly conveying that she did not want him to leave.

"Dev...Please don't leave...Stay with me here..." she whispered but was loud enough for Dev to hear her, to an outsider it might have seemed simple words but Dev knew there was more to it than just the words she had spoken "Sonakshi...I will be back in a couple of minutes Bachaa" he said loving but she moved her sideways, clearly not ready to let him go "STAY" she said once again as Dev kneeled before her, cupping her cheeks with his hands he said "Sona...I will stay, but please let me go for 2 minutes. I promise I will be back quickly" he said as she reluctantly left his hand while Dev hurried inside.

A couple of minutes later Dev came back with a wet towel, handing it over to Sonakshi who had a surprised look on her face he laid the featherbed and arranged the blanket and the pillows that he had got along with him on the floor near to the wall. Once done, he moved towards Sonakshi who still had a befuddled look on her face, taking the towel from her hand he wiped her face and then keeping it aside he held her hand and made her sit on the bed as he settled besides her and held her left hand with his right, their backs resting against the wall as both kept quiet. There was silence but what words could not convey their eyes conveyed that. Sonakshi kept her head on his shoulder leaning against him as he left her hand and wound his hand around her as she snuggled more into his protective hold.

After a few moments she slid down and kept her head on his lap as he caressed her hair, he did not speak a work or ask Sonakshi anything about her sudden behaviour as he knew that she would speak when she was comfortable. After about 5 minutes he heard Sonakshi speak in a low voice "Dev, please never leave me alone. I cannot live without you" she said as she got up and looked at him with pleading eyes as Dev had a surprised as well as a concerned look on her, he cupped her face as he spoke "Never Sona...never would I leave you alone, Never" he said as she hugged him once again, Dev by now was sure that something was bothering her but he was giving her space so that she could speak without any apprehension.

"Promise me Dev...When we grow old I will be the one who leaves this world before you as I cannot live a second without you, promise me Dev" she said as Dev lifted her face and spoke "Sonakshi, why are you talking such things. Please don't speak like that" he said as she kept quiet and hung her head down as Dev once again lifted her head and asked her "Sona...tell me...Is everything alright? Is something bothering you? Everything was fine in the evening, what happened suddenly that you are speaking so? And moreover, why were you crying?" he said as Sonakshi did nothing but hugged him leaning her head against his chest.