04. Day After

I spent most of the day in the garden, weeding and working on anything that needed it. I was standing by one of my trees with my back to my house when I felt Lucius move in the house. I felt him open the back door and step out onto the porch.

He stood there for a few minutes, watching me. I smiled to myself as I bent down to grab something, knowing full well that he was checking me out. I straightened and continued working.

"Are you just going to stand there all day or are you going to say something?" I called over my shoulder.

I heard Lucius chuckle. "Need any help, darling?"

"Nah," I replied. "I was finishing up anyway. What do you want for dinner?"

I started heading for the house, taking my gloves off as I walked.

"It's dinner already?" Lucius asked as I got to him.

I paused in front of him, looking up at him. "Yeah. You slept most of the day."

Lucius stared down at me, scanning my face. "I guess I was really tired. What are you going to make?"

I shrugged, tossing my gloves onto the outside table. "I don't know, but you're going to help me."

Lucius smiled. "Of course. I wouldn't let a woman do everything on her own."

I looked at Lucius one last time before heading for the door. "Well, let's go figure it out."

Lucius followed me into the kitchen. We dug around the cabinet before finding a box of mac and cheese. We made it and went to the table to eat.

I sat across from Lucius, eating my bowl of mac and cheese. Lucius and I laughed with each other as we ate. Lucius was quite enjoyable to be around.

During the meal, I looked up at Lucius. He was already staring at me, almost lovingly. He was leaning against his hand, his eyes scanning my face with a smile on his face.

"What?" I asked, laughing nervously.

Lucius's smile dropped a little. "Nothing, Luna. You're just being cute."

I threw a napkin at Lucius. "Stop."

Lucius laughed, picking the napkin off his lap and setting it on the table. "I'm just telling the truth, Luna. You're attractive."

"You are too," I commented, eating another bite of food.

Lucius chuckled, taking a bite. "Thank you, my darling."

"I'm not your darling, Lucius," I said. "Haven't I explained that to you?"

Lucius smiled as he ate. "Not yet at least."

I waved him off. "Stop it, Lucius."

Lucius stared at me, a faint smile on his face. "Not for a while, Luna."

I kicked him softly under the table. "I'm not looking for a relationship right now, Lucius."

"I know," Lucius responded. "I'll wait. I will wait for as long as it takes."

I waved him off. "It might take awhile."

Lucius grinned at me. "So you admit that there might be something there?"

I got up to put my bowl away. "Don't flatter yourself, Lucius."

Lucius followed. "But is there something?"

I stopped at the sink and looked at Lucius. He was standing a few inches from me, smiling like a damn idiot.

"Maybe," I responded.

Lucius smiled like a child and laughed. He was being an idiot.

I washed my dishes. "I wouldn't get too excited, Lucius. It might leave."

Lucius wrapped an arm around my waist and leaned in close. "I don't think so, Luna. I'm an expert on flirting and I see the way you look at me."

I smiled mischievously and scooped up a handful of water. I splashed it on Lucius and dashed away. Lucius cursed and ran after me.

I laughed loudly as I ran up the stairs and ducked into my room. Lucius caught up with me and caught me. He tossed me on the bed. He climbed on top of me and pinned me down.

Ice started to form on my wrists and the room got colder. It didn't get too cold, though. It only got cold enough to be noticeable.

Lucius leaned it. "Did you forget that I can control water, Luna?"

I grinned. "Of course not, darling."

"Taking my nickname, now are you?"

I struggled against Lucius. "Of course not, boo. I would never do that."

Lucius laughed, not letting up. "Are you sure?"

His face was a few inches from mine. My gaze moved momentarily to his lips. I was tempted to kiss him, but Lucius was my friend. I couldn't kiss him, even if I had feelings for him.

Lucius scanned my face and a faint smile appeared on his face. He rolled off me, letting me go. He laid next to me, breathing heavily. The warmth returned to the room.

I looked at Lucius and he looked back. He smiled and chuckled. He grabbed my hand and squeezed. I squeezed back and giggled. I rolled over and looked at Lucius.

He smiled softly at me. "You're my greatest friend, Luna. I would do anything for you."

I rested a hand on Lucius's stomach. "I would too. I want you to stick around for a while."

Lucius looked at me. "I am, Luna. Trust me. I'm not leaving for anything."

I believed him. I truly did. I just didn't want to tell him I was a super. Not yet. He already met me as a super, but he didn't know it was me. Maybe I would tell him soon, but not know. I wasn't ready for that yet.