12. Save The City

I found the kids, though Jack-Jack had gone missing. I sighed. I was not good with kids, especially babies. I hated small children.

"Guys, don't panic," I said. "We'll find Jack-Jack. You have that device, right?"

Violet took the device out and followed it. I ran with them, feeling for anyone. We found Jack-Jack in a kitchen of some sort.

I felt multiple feet running towards the room. I stiffened. It was the supers who attacked the Parr house.

"Guys, they're coming," I said. "Get into the vent."

I helped the kids into the vent. I didn't have time to climb in myself so I hid behind a fridge. The supers burst inside and looked around. They would've gone away if Jack-Jack hadn't started crying.

I saw the super who could crush reach out and start crushing the vent the children were in. I stepped out and reached out. A metal table went flying and hit the supers. Their focus went to me.

"Don't hurt them," I said. "They're just kids."

Voyd stepped forward. "They're supers and enemies of us. They must be captured."

I raised another table. "Then you have to go through me."

Just then the vent started expanding. I heard Jack-Jack make angry sounds. I stepped back as an inlarged Jack-Jack came tumbling out of the vent, his siblings following. Giant Jack-Jack got up and marked off, going through the walls.

"Kids, get out of here," I yelled. "Get Jack-Jack."

Violet and Dash ran after Jack-Jack. I took a few steps, following the kids. The supers took menacing steps towards me. I threw a table at them and ran through the first hole. I closed it behind me and ran after the kids. I met with them.

I panted. "Kids, we need to go. Let's find your parents."

I ushered the kids away and ran alongside them. I felt through the metal and saw their parents on the bridge.

"The bridge!" I exclaimed. "We have to go to the bridge. It might not be pretty though."

Violet looked back at me. "We're all grown up, Luna. We've got this."

All four of us burst onto the bridge. Elastigirl, Mr. Incredible, and Frozone were standing there. They turned when we walked in and started marching towards us.

"Violet!" I exclaimed.

She covered us with a force field just as Lucius blushed us with ice. Jack-Jack, however, got through the force field and started floating towards Helen. I reached out to grab him but he got to Helen too fast. He knocked off her goggles and she broke out of the spell.

"Helen, get Mr. Incredible!" I exclaimed, running towards Frozone.

Frozone blasted me to the side and knocked off my mask. I got to my feet and lunged for Lucius. He tried to stop me but I grabbed his arm. I twisted it and shoved him away. I lifted two disks from my wrists to throw them but Frozone blasted them away. Frozone lept to his feet and reached out again. I grabbed his arm and placed my leg on his waist. I wrapped my other leg around his arm and twisted him around, effectively pinning him to the ground.

 I wrapped my other leg around his arm and twisted him around, effectively pinning him to the ground

Frozone rolled away and got away from me. He swung at me and hit my face. He grabbed my arm and twisted my arm. I screamed and stopped on Frozone's foot. Frozone kicked me to ground and threw me.

I hit a wall and felt my mask fall off. My vision went spotty and I groaned. I didn't get touched again so I assumed Elastigirl got the goggles off of Frozone.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Frozone walking towards me. He kneeled beside me, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Hey, Luna," Frozone murmured. "I'm sorry I beat you up."

I smiled. "It's okay. Just don't do it again. There are no promises you'll win the second time."

Frozone grinned. "I wouldn't doubt it, Luna. Let me help you up."

Frozone helped me to my feet and helped me to the deck. Frozone held me up. My leg was still hurting and I couldn't stand well. Frozone explained to me what was going to happen.

"I can help," I said. "I can bend metal and those rudders are metal. I can turn them."

"Luna, you're injured," Mr. Incredible said.

"So?" I asked. "That doesn't stop my ability to bend. I want to help. What you're proposing to do is basically suicide, Bob. I can do this without you dying."

Mr. Incredible looked unsure but he nodded. "Go ahead."

I nodded and pressed my fists into the floor. I closed my eyes and focused. I found the rudders. I took a breath and moved them.

"Lucius, go," I said. "Turn the ship."

"You did it?" Frozone asked.

"Yeah," I snapped. "Now go!"

I turned the rudders more and got up. Frozone turned the ship and I fell to the ground, twisting my ankle in the process. I groaned as the ship slowed to a stop.

I sat up and rubbed my ankle. Lucius came back to me and helped me up. He slid on my mask and smiled at me.

"You look beautiful, Luna," Lucius murmured.

I grinned. "Endearing. If you don't mind, could help me off this ship? My foot is twisted."

Lucius nodded as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I wrapped an arm around his shoulder. Lucius walked me over to the edge of the boat. I saw people gathering around and taking pictures. I waved and smiled at them.

After a few moments of standing there, Lucius scooped me up. I squealed and Lucius laughed.

"Don't be scared, dear Elara!" Lucius exclaimed. He grinned at me. "I have you. You're in safe hands."

I held on tightly. "Of course. Now if you please, get me off this ship."

Lucius leaped off the ship and slid down the snow bank. He landed and carried off. We slipped into an alleyway and Lucius set me down. We were finally safe.