13. Our Love

I sat in Lucius's apartment with my feet up. The one that got twisted was wrapped in bandages. It wasn't a bad sprain but it still hurt.

Lucius came into the room. He sat beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"How's your foot feeling?" Lucius asked. "Is it getting better?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it is. It doesn't hurt when I walk on it. Thanks for helping me."

Lucius smiled. "Of course. You're my girlfriend. You deserve to be cared for."

I grinned shyly. "Thanks, Lucius. You're the best."

Lucius smiled. "So are you, dear."

I leaned in and kissed Lucius. He buried his fingers in my hair and pulled me closer. I wrapped my arms around Lucius's neck and he pulled me into his lap. He held onto my waist. He grabbed my sides harshly and I screamed.

Lucius laughed as I fell onto my side. I kicked Lucius with my good foot and crossed my arms.

"You're an asshole, Lucius," I said. "I hate you."

Lucius grinned at me. "No, you don't. I love you, Luna."

I smiled. "I know. You're one of the best things that have ever happened to me."

Lucius rubbed my thigh. "You are too. You're my person and I love you."

I grinned. "I do too. Do you want to something tonight?"

"We could go to the place downtown." I sat up and rested my forehead against Lucius's shoulder. "You know, the one we go to all the time."

Lucius wrapped an arm around me. "That sounds like a good idea. Let's go."

Lucius and I got off the couch. Lucius grabbed his keys and I limped out to the car with Lucius by my side. We drove downtown and Lucius pulled into a spot outside the restaurant.

We walked in and sat down. The waiters greeted us with a smile and a cheery hello. They brought out our food soon enough and we began eating.

"Luna, do you want to move in with me?" Lucius asked.

I glanced up at him. "It's a bit early don't you think?"

Lucius rolled his eyes. "We've known each other for a long time. I think it'll be fun."

"It will be," I said. "I just think we should wait for a bit. I don't think I'm ready quite yet."

Lucius nodded. "Okay. A friendship is different than a romantic relationship."

"Anything you want to talk about?" I asked. "I want to talk."

"We do that all the time, Luna."

I rolled my eyes. "I mean, like deep stuff. I want to talk about the important stuff."

Lucius leaned in. "Of course. Why did you keep your identity from me?"

I sighed. "I didn't want you to know about my ability because I was scared. I didn't know what you would do if you found out. I trusted you - I really did - but I was just scared."

Lucius nodded. "I understand, Luna. If I were in the same position, I wouldn't tell anyone."

"Thanks for understanding, Lucius," I said. "No wonder you're my best friend."

Lucius grinned. "We both know you wouldn't last a day without me."

I glared at Lucius. "Yes, I would. As long as I have earth around me or metal near me, I'm fine. You, on the other hand, need water molecules in the air to actually do anything worthwhile with your powers. Who's the stronger one now, huh?"

Lucius laughed. "True, true. You're a badass woman, Luna."

I tossed a piece of hair over my shoulder. "I mean, the future is female, right?"

"As it should be," Lucius replied. "You women always have it together. I don't know what I'd do without you, Luna. You're admirable."

I shyly smiled. "Thanks, Lucius. You're a great friend."

We finished our dinner and left the restaurant. Lucius stopped me by the car. He gently took my hands in his and kissed me. I kissed back and squeezed Lucius's hands. I really loved this man.