:.:Hinata's Determination:.:

"Hinata, drop your waist and hit it like you're sending it right back in the direction it came from," Sugawara explained to the young crow. "Yes!" the energetic ball replied enthusiastically. You were sitting a bit far from them, with them saying that you should so that you won't get hit by the ball.

"Here it goes," Sugawara says before serving the ball and, as instructed to, Hinata followed, dropping his waist, bending his knees slightly, and sending the ball flying. "OHH! That was a good one!" he exclaimed feeling happy he managed to receive the ball better. Sugawara smiled. "Nice save, Shō-chan!"

you compliment, feeling happy for the boy. The boy feels heat crawl up his neck as he sputters out 'thank you's and 'not really', unaware of the jealous gaze he was receiving from a certain third year.

"Hey, Hinata," he calls as he tosses the ball back to Hinata. "You want me to toss to you starting tomorrow morning?" he offered. This catches Hinata off guard, so Hinata catches the ball instead of receiving it. You felt your smile grow wider. 'He really is a mom...'

The orangette bounced in excitement. "Really? You will!?" he asks, not believing his ears. Sugawara nods to reassure him and place his hand on his hips. "Aw... How nice of you! Aren't we lucky to have such a good senpai, ne, Shō-chan?" He nods furiously

"I'm the official setter of Karasuno, you know," he states to him, his cheeks pink. Hinata giving him a slight smug smirk, and you giving him a thumbs-up."You want to practice spiking, right?"

Hinata nods, gleaming with happiness. "YES! I love spiking! It feels great when it works and it's so awesome!!" he fists the air, there was a spark of passion in his eyes as he explains it with much joy. This causes you and Sugawara to giggle at Hinata's lively attitude.

You can't help it, his happiness was contagious. Not like it's a bad thing. "Sounds like you got some spiking memories." Hinata's eyes soften as he starts to reminisce the past. "Yes, all three years in junior high there was no setter or anything... I was the only club member. My friends in the Basketball Club would toss for me," he smiles at himself as he recollects the past.

"Even after club activities, I had first-years, mothers, setters from the girl's team throw tosses to me..." His smile slowly fades away as his story got deeper. 'Shō-chan...'

"We got along well and we're friends, but still... they weren't really teammates..." you feel a tear threatening to prick the corners of your eyes. You could understand how he felt. Playing with them was different from playing with others. It felt...

Wrong

​​​

The atmosphere becomes a bit sad, and it affected your mood as well, but you didn't dare show it. Sugawara's face showed pity to Hinata as he told his tale. However, Hinata's face instantly lights up again. "That's why I used to wonder what kind of setter I'd have in high school!"

"I was looking forward to it..."

"...before I got here." His whole aura suddenly degrades! Now there was a depressing atmosphere surrounding his form, doom marks seemingly appearing like in an anime (*cough cough*it is).

Sugawara sweatdrops and tries to comfort him, you patting his back, opting to soothe him. "Like I said, I'm a setter. I'll toss to you." Hinata's expression turned a full 360°, but he then started glaring to the side as he fidgets. "B-but if you tossed to me..." he growls as he keeps frowning hard. "I'd kinda feel like I've lost." He professes. You internally giggled. 'lost? To Kageyama?'

Sugawara sweats as he found it quite troubling about Hinata and Kageyama, being the kind mommy he is. "Hinata, why do you insist on getting in Kageyama's face?" he asks. "Personally, I try to avoid confronting guys who are stronger than me," Sugawara confesses.

Hinata looks down "At the junior high tournament, Kageyama was so much bigger and taller than me. He was strong. It was horrible when he stood in front of me..." he says as he shivers at the thought of him. You imagine a Gigantic Kageyama hovering at the other side of the court, with red demonic eyes, as only the thin layer of net separates the small boy from the beast.

'That does sound terrifying...' you thought, feeling a shiver as well. "I understand how that must feel," Sugawara admits while Hinata nods. As they spoke you remembered how in the past, Tachiba would purposely stand right in front of you during your practice matches, attempting to scare you.

But being the gentle giant he was, he never really had the 'scary' aura but was more manipulative. You stopped, and you felt your eyes go blank.

"..."

'I wonder what they're doing...'

"I came to Karasuno because I was going to beat Kageyama," he informs. "I see... but, Hinata, is beating Kageyama all you want out of volleyball?"

He asks curiously as he put one hand on his hip looking fabulous. Meanwhile, Kageyama peaks his head out of the corner, carefully listening to the conversation. He notices you and sneered at the boy you were fussing at.

"Oh... um.." Hinata ponders before answering. "I just want to become strong enough to defeat Kageyama! If I can do that... I'll be on even ground with any strong opponent! And...

it wouldn't be easy to beat in a match." Hinata closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, with a new determined look on his face. You could almost feel his flame of resolve. "I don't want to lose anymore," He says sternly and strictly, determination laced.

Sugawara places his hand under his chin, thinking, before snapping his fingers and pointing upwards. "So, in other words, Kageyama is the best player in your grade level as far as you know." Hinata flinches making a face of distress.

"Y-yes..." he struggles, winces and flinches as he unwillingly agrees with Sugawara. You chuckled lightly. Sugawara smiles at his antics. "But if he was your most formidable opponent, now he's your most formidable ally."

Hinata looks up and thinks about for a while before stressing out again, Sugawara laughs at this. "Well, all right! Let's do some more receives!" he exclaims. "All right!" Hinata chants back.

You smile as they played, but Hinata shot the ball right into your stomach and, right after that, let's just say you were on the floor afterward... face flat.

(Somewhere???)

"Are you sure? Like, are you extremely certain she is there!?" a young female brunette exclaimed yelling directly into her phone as the caller on the other side winced at her eagerness.

"Ow... yes, I'm positive its her, however, the names seem to not match, so I'll be doing some more digging, I'll get back to you when I'm done, bai bai~" what sounds to be a middle-aged woman, hangs up on the other line, leaving the brunette curious, could it be her? Oh, how happy she would be!

She looks up at the clear blue sky and let out the biggest grin she had, eyes half-lidded, flashing with hope and joy.

"Don't worry we'll find you..."

An image of a smiling girl flashed through her mind, laughing with a group of boys. Smiles on their faces.

"Ikari..."

(Meanwhile)

"AACCHOOO!"

you sneezed, is it that cold?

TC: HEYYYY GUUYYYSS SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU ALL WITH JUST ONE CHAPTER... WE HAVE BEEN QUITE BUSY LATELY. HOWEVER, WE ARE WORKING ON SOME THINGS FOR THE STORY SO I HOPE YOU ALL UNDERSTAND <3 HEY MAYBE YOU MIGHT GET TO KNOW A BIT MORE OF THE OLD TEAM? MORE DRAMA? ROMANCE? OH, MY GOODNESS SO MUCH TO UNCOVER! ANYWAYS THANK YOU ALL FOR WAITING! LUV YEAH! OH AND ALSO COMMENT DOWN BELOW BECAUSE I ALWAYS LOVE READING YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

Stay Tune~