Chapter 11

I was in my usual lunch site, the back staircase. I was eating a salad while working on my math homework. My legs were extended out, crossing over one another as my notebook sat on my thigh to work my Stats homework on a piece of paper while my laptop, that displayed the problems on the online homework, was beside me on the floor. 

"So this is where you hide during lunch?" Harry hummed from the top of the stairs. I nodded, eating another fork of salad and furrowed my eyebrows as I got the answer wrong. 

"What the fuck." I groaned, using my math chart to find the z-score to my problem. I redid it on my notebook, finally getting it right the second time around but was so into my homework I didn't notice Harry had sat next to me and was staring at me. He was sitting opposite of what I sat like, I was against the wall but he was facing the wall, legs were pointing the wall, his body laid on it's side, weight supported by his elbow. 

"What?" I asked as I read the next problem on my homework. 

"Do you ever get tired of homework?" 

"No, I enjoy it. I love homework because I like to learn things." 

"Nerd." He grinned but I just rolled my eyes and narrowed my eyes to look at the time at the bottom of my screen. 20 minutes until lunch was over. 

"I am whatever you say I am. I have no time to entertain you right now, I need to finish this right now." I said with a panicked sigh cause I had 5 more problems to finish. 

"What are you working on?" 

"Statistics." I cleared my throat and took a sip of my water. 

"Grace, I went and bought you an actual lunch." Josh said coming down the stairs, frowning when he saw Harry. 

"I don't want it. Josh I love you but I'm panicking because I have this homework to finish before Theo's game." I said and he narrowed his eyes at me. 

"It's quesadillas from that one truck. Fajita. Two tacos de Fajita and, of course, both sauces and limon." Josh explained, opening it to reveal my favorite food. I groaned, taking the white styrofoam plate from him and ate them one by one. 

"Josh I keep getting this wrong and I'm getting really frustrated." I said turning my laptop to him, he squatted down, reading it. 

"You have to put the sum of X over N. You're doing it backwards. The answer should be." He worked it out and circled 52.6 for the mean. "52.6. Eat and I'll see you at the game. Hey I put something on the calendar." He said before standing up. 

"You, keep your fucking hands off my sister." He warned Harry before jogging down the stairs to the first floor and I sighed finishing my homework. 

"So, who's your crush?" He asked casually, looking me in the eyes while I packed up. 

"What?" 

"From English. You said you had a crush. Who is it?" He asked the question through gritted teeth.

 "Why would I tell you?" I had no problem telling him I liked him but I just particularly didn't want to because of his reputation. 

"Because. I want to know."  

"And I want free college. Two things we both want but don't get." I smiled at him before getting up, eating my quesadillas from my box while on my way to my 4th period which was my free period. The halls were beginning to crowd with people when the bell rang.

"Okay but I can't do anything about free college but you can do something about telling me." He reasoned and I laughed, shaking my head with a mouth full of food. 

"Maybe later, Harold." Was all I said before entering the class as soon as I did. I signed into my free period for attendance before turning to see Harry was behind me in line. I forgot he had the same free period as me. 

"Now is later, sweetheart." He warned me but I ignored him and walked out the room to the otherside of the school. I could feel him trying to keep up with me but he was struggling as I walked up the stairs to the third floor, the top one, and into the balcony. It was my favorite place in the whole school since not many people knew about it since they only pass it occasionally. 

I sat my food on the table and sat on the chair beside it, biting into my taco before taking my laptop out to finish my shopping. 

"Do you realize you're difficult to follow?" Harry asked, sitting next to me. 

"Mhm." I said biting my bottom lip as I searched for my makeup for the wedding. 

"You don't need any of that, by the way." 

"You also don't need tacos yet here we are." I said as he took one of mine. 

"Point taken." He said as I grabbed my backpack from the floor beside me to pay for my lip liners. I rolled my eyes when I got a text from my sister to make dinner reservations for Chrissy's wedding. 

"Hey Chrissy, it's Leslie." I hummed as I dialed her number. 

"Hey honey, what can I do for you?" She was a sweet person entirely and I love her dearly. 

"I got a text from Mari saying you wanted the dinner rehearsal to be at Gordo's but I need to know a number so I can call a reservation." "You don't have to do that, seriously. I've tried and the next available is next spring. You need to be royal in order to eat there and we just don't have that much time. The wedding is in 9 weeks and it's just so much to plan because we have to find a new restaurant and I'm stressing." I set her on speaker and laughed. 

"She asked me because I know the owner. He's been trying to get me to marry into his family but being only 17, it's illegal. He loves me and would do anything, that's why." "So you can?!" She was excited and I smiled. "Yes, how many people?" "I need a reservation for 35. If not it's fine I just heard a lot of good reviews about the place a-" "I got it, Chrissy. Don't worry. You're going to be my sister-in-law. We're practically family." I laughed, hanging up with her and sighed heavily as I looked through my contacts. 

"Busy girl." Harry hummed and I shot him a sideward glance. "No idea." I hummed, dialing Gordon, Gordo was his nickname, on speaker. "Gordo." He snapped into the phone harshly, he was a very mean man to everybody but me. 

"Hey Gordo, it's Leslie Ibarra." 

"Ah! My princess! How are you my sweet girl? Ready to marry Marlo?" He joked and I giggled with a headshake. Marlo is his 19 year old son who was madly in love with me. "I'm doing great, how are you?" "I'm well now that you call. What can I do for you, preciousa." He was grinning from his tone. Rare to those around him. 

"My brother, Derek, is getting married. He asked me to call to see if there is anyway we could have a rehearsal dinner at your restaurant on the 24th." "Ah, for you? Anything you need. 24th will be cancelled to everybody to make room for beautiful girl like you. How many come?" He asked and I smiled softly. 

"I need around 40." 

"For you it is done. Restaurant close at 6 for family of my preciousa. Anything you need you call me." Gordo was an Italian man who I adored. I met him because we always had dinner there every sunday growing up. He loved me so much and practically watched me grow up, he was like an uncle to me and always looked out for me. 

"Thank you so much, Gordo." 

"Anything for you my darling!" I hung up, texting Chrissy that the entire restaurant was closing at 6 for us since the rehearsal is at 7. 

"Seems like plenty of people are after that heart of yours."