Chapter Nine

Liza's P.O.V

I looked behind David and saw Caroline with her minions, including her brother and his friend. I shrunk down a little in the cart, covering myself with food a little. 

That actually sounds fantastic. 

David just ignored them and continued looking for cheez-its on the shelf. 

"Do you like the regular or another flavor?" David asked me.

He looked at me as if it was the most important thing in the world. 

"Uh, regular is fine." I stuttered. 

"Wonderful." 

David grabbed two boxes of them and put them in the cart. He pushed the cart and I along looking for more snacks, adding some to the cart. I was beyond confused at what he was doing. 

I heard the clicking of high heels coming our way. 

"Umm, hello? Am I a ghost or something? I'm not even pale. I mean Alexis is a little, but still!" Caroline screeched to us. 

David sighed dramatically as he rolled his eyes, making me laugh a little. He turned around to look at them and forced a fake smile that was very obviously fake. 

"Can I not buy fucking cheez-its in peace with my buddy here?" he exclaimed while motioning towards me. 

"No need to get all dramatic," Caroline sneered then looked at me. "I mean like, why would you want to be around her? She's so ugly." 

Good one, Caroline. How original.

Idiot. 

"That's rich coming from you." David mumbled, causing me to burst out laughing. 

He shortly after joined my laughing fit. After it died down some, Caroline decided to poke her nose in. 

"Anyways, I'm throwing a party this weekend and I want you there, Davey. And maybe we can go to my room and have a party of our own." Caroline spoke 'seductively' before winking. 

I mentally gagged from that. 

"You can't flirt for shit." 

"What did you just say, bitch?" Caroline screeched.

Shit. 

Liza, stopping saying your thoughts out loud. 

I was about to reply, but David beat me to it. 

"Caroline, I have a question for you." he interrupted, taking the attention off of me.

Caroline glared at me before turning and smiling at him, signaling to go ahead. 

"Do you people call you the Queen Bee of school?" he asked, making me confused. 

"Yeah, usually. I'm just that popular." she said with ease. 

"Well, scientists have discovered that the Queen Bee has sex with fifteen to twenty bees in a single afternoon. And if people call you Queen Bee... then I don't want to be anywhere near your room. Now, if you excuse me... I am wanting some sour patch kids. And we have a movie to go see. Good day, Queen Bitch and her little bumble bees." David smiled then turned back to me and the cart. 

Caroline, her friends, and I were all shocked at what he just said. 

He started pushing me to the candy aisle, as my mouth was hung open. Once we stopped, David walked to my side and closed my mouth with his finger. 

"Wouldn't want you to catch any bumble bees, now would we, angel?" he spoke. 

I smiled while shaking my head in disbelief. 

He is so ducking perfect. 

It's your mind, Liza. You can swear. You're not texting. 

"He is so fucking perfect."

I said that out loud. 

Shit. 

I looked up at David and he looked interested in the sour patch kids. 

Thank god, I don't think he heard me.

David's P.O.V.

Oh I heard her. 

 Perfectly clear. 

And it makes me want her even more. 

~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~

After Liza and I packed all the groceries into my car, I drove us to the movie theater. 

We had decided on a new scary movie called 'A Quiet Place'.  

I pulled into the parking lot, parking my car in a parking spot. I opened the door and got out. Quickly jogging over to Liza's side before she could open her door. I opened it up and she stepped out with a smile on her face. 

"I can open my own door, David." she said as I closed it back and locked my car.

"I'm glad you can, but it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to open your door for you." I remarked.

I smiled as she studied me whilst we walked to the theater entrance. I opened the door for her with a huge smile. 

I'm so in love with her and I don't know why. 

"Thank you, David." she laughed. 

 God, that's music to my ears. 

"No problemo, señorita." I said in Spanish. 

She laughed some more and we went to the ticket booth. I bought our tickets with her repeatedly telling me she will pay me back, but I just ignored her saying she will. 

We skipped out on the food and drinks because we ate the candy we bought on the way here. 

We walked into the theater the movie was playing in and found some seats. We sat at the very top row on the end. There wasn't that many people which was nice. 

We talked a little before the movie started. 

And when it did, Liza got scared a few times. 

Allowing me to wrap my arm around her. 

My heart was beating out my chest. 

It wasn't from the movie, but from her. 

She makes me so nervous and I can't understand why. 

Right now, Liza is really close to me. I looked over at her and she must of noticed I was looking at her because she turned her head to me. 

I leaned in and kissed her soft lips slowly and gently. It was so simple, but it meant so much to me. 

Why?

I had girlfriends before and those little kisses meant nothing, but with Liza...

It meant everything. 

Liza pulled away with sorrow in her eyes. 

This is it. She doesn't like me back and she is going to tell me and even though I know it...

It's going to hurt to hear it. 

"I-I-I..." she started, but I interrupted her because I couldn't hear her say it. 

"It's okay. It's okay. We don't have to be anything. Only if that's what want." I said, trying to keep my heart from breaking. 

I sound like a teenage girl talking about a guy. 

Oh well. 

"I..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instagram: dizadoshyneeded129 

I know a quiet place isn't knew but oh well.