Chapter Eleven

Liza's P.O.V

"What do you mean that's the cute guy named David?" Ben frantically asked.

"As in that is the cute guy named David that I live with who is my opponent!" I whisper screamed at him.

I can't fight him. I just can't. He already has like a million scars. Which are fricking terrible. What do I do?

"The cute guy named David who is your opponent is Double Shot Dobrik?" he replied.

"Who is Double Shot Dobrik?" I asked confused.

"Well, he doesn't go by it, but I like to call him that because he hits the person twice before they go unconscious and he wins."

"That makes me feel way better!" I screamed loudly this time.

People looked at me and so did David. I looked at him and his eyebrows were scrunched as he looked at me. After a second his eyes went wide and mouth opened. I realized then and there that my hood fell off when I screamed.

Shit.

David stormed over to me as I tried to pull it back on. He ripped it off and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"Hi." I squeaked.

Saying I was terrified was an understatement. David was fuming with anger.

"Why didn't you fucking tell me that you are a street fighter?" he gritted out.

"In my defense, you didn't tell me you were either." I fought back.

David's grip was getting a little tighter and started to hurt. Ben must have noticed because he ripped David off of me.

David shook his head and stormed out of the ring.

People started to boo and I just wanted to die. After a minute I gave Ben a look to signal that the fight was off. He sighed and told everyone is was off. I exited the ring in search of David.

I ran into the locker room and saw him repeatedly punching a punching bag, almost busting it. He must have heard the door close because he stopped to look at me.

"David, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but you have no right to be mad at me." I tried to reason.

He humorlessly laughed as he walked over to me.

"But I do. I'm able to protect you from dad now and I'm relieved that I can, but I can't protect you from this. I don't have any power over anybody you fight. And it fucking sucks." he explained.

"You don't have to protect me! I can take care of myself! I-." I screamed.

"Really? That's not what it looked like in the hallway when Cody punched you! Or when you stayed at that house letting happen what happen! You didn't take care of yourself! You have money from this! You can afford a place to live! But you stayed! You could've punched Cody right back in the face! But you didn't!" David belted.

I felt tears in my eyes as he yelled.

He was right and we both knew it.

"Liza, I don't want you to get hurt anymore than you already have. I can't see what I saw again... I just can't." he whispered out the last part, causing the tears to fall.

He cares so much and I don't know why. I'm not special, I'm fucked up, yet he still cares.

David walked closer to me and wrapped me in a tight hug. He held me close in his arms as I cried.

No one has cared this much about me. Ever.

My mom cared about me, but not as much as David cares.

I felt a soft kiss on my forehead from him.

"I'm sorry I yelled. I didn't intend to." he spoke softly.

Minutes passed and I heard the door open. I wanted to look at who was there, but David just held me tighter.

"Liza, are you okay?" Ben asked.

I was going to answer, but David beat me to it. Like always.

"She's fine. Who the hell are you?" he coldly replied.

"Well, the cute guy named David," Ben started, making me laugh and David question it. "I'm Ben. Liza's bestest friend in the whole wide world."

I can imagine a huge smile on his face after he said that. I turned my head towards where he was and smiled.

"Hi Ben." I said.

He just smiled in return. David looked back in forth between us.

Once he finished doing that, he tightened his grip on me.

"She's mine. Even though she isn't right now, she will be. So... yeah. Mine." he declared to Ben.

I felt my face heat up and buried it into David's STILL shirtless chest. His chest was warm and his heartbeat was loud.

Ben backed up in surrender with his hands up in the air. He had a small smile on his face as he looked at the two of us.

"No problem. You can have her. She needs someone. She needs you." he smiled before leaving.

Thanks Ben.

Not.

David snuggled his head into my neck and held me close. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me up.

My legs wrapped around his waist on instinct. My head rested on his shoulder as I wrapped my arms tighter around his neck. Not so tight that he couldn't breath.

David placed his hands on my thighs so he could hold me up.

"Next time, please tell me you're going to fight. I don't know what I would do if I found you not in your room." he said as he walked out the back entrance of building.

I didn't bother about my bag in my locker. Nobody will take it, if they do then they know they will get it pretty bad.

The cold air hit me and I shivered. David wrapped one of his arms around me securely to try to give me more warmth.

I smiled to myself as he walked home with me in his arms.

Liza, you know you want him.

And you can have him.

But, why won't you take him?

Because I can't just say,

"I'm in love with you." I whispered accidentally out loud. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instagram: dizadoshyneeded129