Chapter Six

David's P.O.V

I held Liza's naked body in my arms for hours as she cried. I wrapped my jacket around her so she wouldn't be so exposed.

I saw what happened. I saw them pin her against the window as I sat in my car. I watched them poke a needle in her arm. I watched her stop fighting them.

I watched a guy throw money at her.

I wanted to get out and help her, but I was frozen in my spot.

I couldn't move.

After the two men left, I got out of my car and picked the lock on the front door. I opened it and found Liza.

She looked to not have any feeling at all in her body. I saw the tears falling as she was still.

I picked her up and held her.

Everyone needs someone to stay.

We sat in the same spot for hours as she cried. I was nervous that the guys would come back, but they didn't.

"Liza, you have to get dressed." I whispered soothingly.

"It happens every night." she whispered into my chest.

I was stunned by the words she just said.

"What?" I replied.

"My dad sells my body to people. He makes me work at his strip club and clients see me. They pay him $4,000 to have sex with me. I had one last night and I didn't get to sleep again." she said.

I was speechless. I was angry. I was confused. And I was sad.

Why hasn't she left?

"Why are you still here?" I asked with anger in my voice.

"I have no where to go." she said as she looked up at me with more tears in her eyes.

I need to get her out of this place. She can't stay here.

"You can live with me. Pack some bags of stuff and you can stay with me." I replied.

"Really? What about your parents?" she asked.

I froze for split second when she said the word parents.

"I live alone. And I want to get you out of here." I replied smoothly, trying to stay calm.

"Okay." she whispered.

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay."

We stood up from the floor and I wrapped the jacket more securely around her because I feel like I'm invading her privacy. She gave me a small smile and we walked up the steps. I grabbed her bag and phone quickly before we did so.

Once we reached her room, I took a look around. Her walls were white, her bed was white, her furniture was white, and her rug was white. It's all so bright. The only color is her clothes in her closet. 

"I never decorated it. It's not home." Liza said breaking me away from my thoughts.

I gave her a soft smile and saw her go to her closet. I walked over to the bed in the room and nearly sat down.

"I wouldn't if I were you. I don't even want to sleep on it." Liza said as she stuck her head out of her closet.

I immediately stood up and looked over her. She was wearing sweatpants and a sports bra.

"My shirts are all dirty. The one I was wearing was ripped." she mumbled the last part to herself, but I heard it.

"We can wash all of your clothes at my house if you want. You can wear my shirt." I said then swiftly pulled my black T-shirt off.

I walked over to her and held it out. She bit her lip as if she was debating on taking it or not. In the end, she did.

She slipped it over her head and it reached her knees. Liza walked over to her full length mirror and looked over herself.

"I look like a hobo." she said.

I laughed a little and heard a car pull up. Liza must have heard it too because she snapped her head towards the window facing the front of her house with fear.

"Grab a bag and pack anything that's clothing besides what's in the third drawer." she said as she dashed into her closet.

I did as I was told and started to pack everything into a workout bag. In two of the drawers there was a lot of workout clothes. She works out a lot.

My bag was full and so was Liza's when we heard the front door open. I grabbed another bag and went to her bathroom while she continued to pack another bag of the little amount of clothes she had left in her closet.

I got all of her toiletries into the bag then walked out. She was putting a pair of shoes into her bag once I did.

"Ready?" I asked.

"No." she replied honestly.

I grabbed her hand once I was in front of her and gave it a light squeeze.

"You can do this," I said then paused as I looked at her. "You take what you can run with and I'll get the rest. You run straight out of the house and into my car. Put everything in the back and leave it open. Then get into the passenger's seat. I'll be right behind you. Okay?"

Liza nodded her head and took a deep breath. Before grabbing a bag she went to a small safe in the corner of her room. She put in a combination and took out stacks upon stacks of money.

Liza stuffed it all into her school backpack then put it on her back. She picked up a bag and I grabbed the other two. She looked at me then dashed out of the room. I grabbed my jacket and sprinted off behind her.

I hit the bottom step and saw the front door wide open. Her dad was standing in the living room fuming with anger. I looked at Liza and saw her following my directions. I sat a bag down by the door and ran over to her father.

I swung my fist to his face and he lost his balance a little.

Street fighting teaches you how to fight.

I ran back to the door and grabbed the bag. I ran to my black Range Rover and threw the bags in the back. I closed it and ran to the driver's side. I opened the door and drove off before even closing it.

"I'm free. I'm free. I'm free. I'm free." Liza kept mumbling to herself as I drove around the block to my house.

I smiled a little as I saw the relief on her face.

Everyone needs someone to stay. And I don't plan on leaving her alone. She can't be left alone. She needs me.

And I need her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instagram: dizadoshyneeded129