Chapter Sixteen

Liza's P.O.V

I stared at him confused for a few seconds. He just looked back at me with a small, faint smile on his light pink lips. I stood up from the couch and headed for the stairs. I heard the foot steps of David following me. 

My feet had a steady pace as I went up the stairs. Him following close behind. I headed for the room I called my own and noticed the door closed. I didn't close it before I left. I remember cause I was watching David's every move in the door frame. 

I stared at the door, my hand holding the door handle as I thought about it. I'm imagining one day I open this door and it's not my room. Instead, it's our son or daughter's room. I'll open it to see them tucked in bed waiting for us to kiss their forehead goodnight. We'll close the door back and return to our room. The one we share. The one we hold each other in. 

"Open it." 

His words broke me away from my day dream and my lips curved into a smile that matched his. I pushed down on the handle and pushed the door open. 

Beyond the entry way of my room sat my bed, but not as I left it. Bags and bags of items covered it. From Urban Outfitters to Hollister to Pacsun to every other store around here. I looked over to my closet that was open and saw it empty. There was a new dresser in the room as well. With a full length mirror rested on the wall next to it. 

He did all of this. For me. 

"You did all of this? For me?" I spoke shocked by the sight. 

David's light smile turned into a proud, bright one. 

"When I came home after school, I saw most of the clothes you had were only workout outfits. And the others looked too big or had holes in them. So I threw everything out with the holes, donated the ones that looked to big, then put everything you worked out in into the drawers in the new dresser. Then I went shopping and I may have gotten too much." he rubbed the back of his neck in what seemed to be embarrassement as he looked at all the bags. 

I just smiled more then pushed myself into his chest. I wrapped my arms around his torso, giving him the warmest hug I could manage. I almost immediately felt his arms wrap around my tiny frame. 

"I love you." he whispered in my ear.

"I love you more." I whispered against his chest. 

"Impossible." he breathed out.

I just smiled and held him closer to me. 

I was home. For once in my life I had a home. 

A home isn't a place where you live, it's not the mansion you grew up in, nor is the cozy, little house in a neighborhood. It's not where your family has Christmas dinner, or where you go when you're all alone with no one to be with at your college. It's a person. The person who makes you feel safe. The person who protects you at all costs. 

David's my home. He's where I go running when I need help. He's the place I never want to leave. In his arms, wherever or whenever. 

He's my home.

We stood in the doorway of my small, cozy room holding each other. It felt like I've been there forever when really it was only a couple of minutes. As soon as I let go of him, I was suddenly cold. A shiver went down my spine as I was no longer wrapped in his arms. 

We smiled at one another before I turned around to look at the bags of all shapes and sizes on my white bed. 

"Where do I begin?" I asked with a small laugh. 

David laughed along with me. He walked over the the biggest one and handed it to me. 

"I don't know but I think I deserve to see everything I got you." he spoke, ending the sentence with a devious smirk. 

He emphasized 'everything', giving me goosebumps. I could see in the mix of bags a Victoria's Secret bag. Oh no. 

A blush crept onto my face and I felt the heat of it. I suppressed my smile and grabbed the bag from his hands. I walked into my bathroom and started trying everything on. 

Two hours later. 

I've tried everything but the stuff from Victoria's Secret on. I've been avoiding it. So far everything I have tried on, fits perfectly and I really like. 

I stared at the bag sitting on the ground of my bathroom. I could see the black lace inside. Including other colors of lace. 

"Liza, if you don't want to try them on, you don't have to." I heard David say through the door. 

"No...you bought it all. So I should show it to you." I said back. 

Here goes nothing.

I slipped on the first thing I saw and matched it with another. 

I looked at myself in the mirror of the bathroom. I suddenly felt even more insecure them I usually do. 

I was wearing a pair of black lace underwear with a matching bra. It was all a little see through and I started to think about David picking this all out. 

"If it makes you feel any better, I just gave the sizes to one of the staff and she picked everything out. I don't even know what all is in the bag." David yelled from the other side of the door. 

It does actually make me feel better. 

You can do this, Liza. He saw you before. Every curve and crevice. And he didn't say anything. Didn't look disappointed. 

You can do this. 

I took a deep breath and opened the door. David's eyes snapped up to me and his mouth fell open as he scanned me over.

"Holy sh-."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tehe. XD. Hi guys!!!!