9-The Fight

I suddenly felt my heart beat faster as Eret took the bottle. Gods dammit.

He placed the bottle in the middle of the circle and I watched it turn.

I almost got dizzy by the thought of the bottle stopping on me.

But the bottle never slowed down. Before it could,

Eret stopped it.

He put his hand on the bottle and everybody gasped.

I looked up to him to see his smug smile. My eyes trailed down his arm and his hand and when my eyes were at the point of the bottle I realised it was pointing...

To me. ME. ME.

I watched the bottle stunned and before I knew it Eret was standing in front of me with his hand held out for help.

I gulped and looked up and when I saw his smirk I sarcasticly rolled my eyes and pushed his hand away, standing up by myself.

As I stood Eret stepped closer and just when I wanted to step back he grabbed my waist and pulled me close.

My heart was racing and by the way my chest pressed against his, I knew for sure he could feel my heart beating.

With one arm wrapped around my waist, he gently cupped my cheek and I could feel myself blush.

He gently brushed my cheek and leaned in softlt and as I pulled away with fear he softly whispered. "It's okay. Relax..."

I nodded lightly as he leaned in further with closed eyes. His lips gently touched mine and also my eyes slid close.

His lips were soft and his hands were gentle. Our lips moved together and he tilted his head to deepen the kiss. I put my hands flat on his chest and for that moment it felt like we were alone.

The moment was ruined with the an annoyment sigh from Tuffnut.

My eyes shot open as I realised that we weren't alone at all and I pulled back, completely red.

I looked around to see Snotlout, Ruffnut and Hiccup with a shocked expression. Oh no... Hiccup.

When I looked back at Eret, I saw him still stunned, looking at me with a totally confused look.

I turned him around, and pushed him back to his place as I walked back to my place, still blushing.

"I... Don't want to play anymore." Ruffnut said as she stood up.

"Agreed." Also Snotlout stood up.

"I guess that means we're leaving?" Tuffnut said as he pulled himself up on his feet.

"We should leave too." I said once the Thorstons and Snotlout were gone.

Eret nodded and stood up and we started walking towards the forest.

"Astrid, could we... Talk a little maybe?" I heard Hiccup's voice behind me.

I gulped and nodded,then turned to Eret. "You can go. I'll come later."

"Okay." he smiled softly and waved to Hiccup before leaving.

I walked towards Hiccup, a little nervous.

"What's it between you and Eret?" he asked directly.

"I also missed you..." I muttered a little annoyed.

"Astrid, answer me."

"There's nothing between me and Eret."

"Then how do you explain that kiss?"

"It was just a kiss you also kissed Ruffnut!"

"It wasn't just a kiss!" his voice was getting angry. "Astrid, you were stunned and blushing more than ever and I am not the only one who saw the sparks!"

I looked away from him, biting my lip. Was this really how our first fight was going to be? "I'm going back to my hut." I said coldly and turned away.

"Sure! Walk away from your problems!"

On my way to the hut I almost cried. Not because I was that hurt, but out of anger. Running away from my problems... Who did he think I was, him? He was the one to run away for problems constantly in the past!

Eret was already in bed when I arrived. I sighed and dropped myself face down on my bed. My head shot up when I heard something.

"What was it?"

I sighed and dropped my head on my pillow.

I heard Eret getting out of bed and soon I felt his hand on my back.

I looked up at him and he smiled softly at me. I smiled back and turned around and laid on my back.

Eret wiped my bangs out of my face and cupped mt cheek after.

I blushed and gulped lightly as I noticed that he was leaning in.