23-A Firepit And Candles

"I..." I swallowed.

"I'll do it. Only if I can watch them leave."

"Fine." He said, letting go of me. Two guards walked in and I was brought away.

Not too long after that I was brought to the docks where I was watching them leave from a distance.

Stormfly was tied to the boat, Sven gently petting her to calm her down, probably also to distract himself because he was the sensitive kind of guy.

Dad was sitting and watching Sven, glaring over at me occasionally.

And Eret... He was standing on the boat, hands in his pockets, staring at me. I didn't need him to talk to know how sorry he was. He must be beating himself up.

I wish I could've hugged him and told him it was alright. That it wasn't his fault.

But I couldn't and I watched them sail away, towards where Berk was suposed to be.

Then I felt someone roughly grab my wrist from behind and I was pulled backwards with my back against a male figure's chest.

"You're not gonna try to run, are you?" A familiar voice growled at me.

"No. Unlike you, I keep my promisses." I growled back at Dagur.

He tightened his grip around my wrist. "Don't piss me off blonde."

I frowned. "Or what?"

"You should know." He handed me over to a guard as he walked away.

The guard and I followed close behind.

I had a very bad feeling about this. We were walking down long hallways, stone walls were making me nervous as hell while we walked down to the room at the end of the hall.

Dagur entered first and we did after. My hands were untied and the guard walked out, closing the door behind him.

I kept standing near the door, rubbing my soar wrists. They had taken off my fur wrist binding, my scars that covered my wrists seeable for other people than me.

I held them against my stomach, trying and hiding most of the cuts/scars.

Dagur was standing in front of the firepit that was placed in the room. I had no idea what he was thinking of, he just seemed deep in thought.

I looked around the room, there was a big stone table with maps, doodles and contracts on it.

There were shelves with books and candles on them, I quietly walked to one of the shelves and picked up a blue candle. It smelled as if your were standing on the docks and the smell of the sea was lingering in your nose.

I smiled softly at the scent before putting it back.

"You like my candles, huh?" I heard Dagur say as he walked towards me.

I looked at him over my shoulder. "I wouldn't think of you as the kind of guy to likes candles."

He shrugged lightly. "It's a symbol for mum." He said with a light frown and walked towards the table with all the papers on it.

He collected all of them, then he took a book off of a shelf and placed all the pieces of paper inbetween it, putting it back on the shelf.

"What's up with your mum?" I asked curiously, walking over to the table.

"She passed away." He simply said as if he didn't care.

"I see..." I said with a frown, the thought of mum in my mind.

I had my hands on the table as I looked down, suddenly I felt somebody behind me, his body pressing onto mine and I was being pushed into the table.

"I hope you're ready for your first job." Dagur lowly growled into my ear.

My heart started pounding and I swallowed.

He placed one hand on my waist and stroked my tigh with the other one, making me swallow with fear.

I felt like screaming for help, but I was all on my own. Nobody would save me, nobody could.

This was it. The thing I feared the most was going to happen.