35

Please excuse any mistakes or typos I may have made. Comment if you know why the scene in the closet is so so sweet!
________________________

Your baby at 18 weeks!

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, and they weigh almost 7 ounces (about the size of a bell pepper ). They're busy flexing their arms and legs - movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

Hungry? An increase in appetite - and specific food cravings - are pretty common about now. Bigger, more comfortable clothes are a must now as your baby and waistline grow. Your cardiovascular system is undergoing dramatic changes, and during this trimester your blood pressure will probably be lower than usual. Don't spring up too fast from a lying or sitting position or you might feel a little dizzy.

If you haven't already had a second-trimester checkup, you'll probably have one soon. This painless procedure helps your doctor or midwife check how your baby's growing, screen for certain birth defects, etc. During the exam, you might see your baby moving around or sucking their thumb. Bring your partner along, and be sure to ask for a printout for your baby's first photo album!

***

Louis felt like he was going to throw up. He woke up this morning and jumped out of bed when he realized how late it was but had to sit back down soon after because he got dizzy. His back is starting to ache and all he wants is for Harry to massage him. He groans and runs a hand through his hair as he tries to disperse his vertigo. He sits like that for a moment longer even when Harry walks in from the bathroom.

"Baby, are you okay?" Harry asks in concern while moving to kneel in front of his mate. Louis flutters his eyes open, the room finally steadying. He takes a deep breath before nodding slowly, placing his hands on Harry's shoulder. "Yeah, I'm fine. I got up too fast and got really dizzy. Why didn't you wake me up? I'm gonna be late for work."

"Caprifoi, we have the appointment for baby bear today. It's your second trimester checkup. You told Lachlan you'd be going in late." Harry reminds his forgetful mate and rubs his thumb over Louis' cheek. It's been a little over a month since they got back from Romania and so much has changed with Louis due to the pregnancy. The omega's baby bump has gotten more noticeable and it drives Harry crazy.

When he wears certain pieces of clothing it becomes more prominent and all Harry wants to do is caress the small belly holding his child. On top of showing more Louis has been experiencing cravings and it tends to be the weirdest things. He wanted pickles and jelly just yesterday. He almost cried when Harry had told them they ran out of jelly but the alpha quickly raced to the store to make his boyfriend happy.

He's also starting to get extremely forgetful. He can't remember where he placed the keys or he'll go upstairs to get something and then forget what it was halfway there. Thankfully, the morning sickness had passed a week ago which Harry was grateful for because it had hurt Louis when he experienced it. He also had to start wearing maternity clothes because his regular clothes were getting a little snug.

He's four months along now and they're due for the second trimester checkup. Harry is hoping they can find out the gender today but it all depends on baby bear's position. With every passing day Harry gets more excited to see his baby and aches to hold them in his arms. Louis gets emotional when he thinks about giving birth because he feels so close to their little one inside his womb.