27

Your baby at 10 weeks!

Though they're barely the size of a kumquat - a little over an inch or so long, crown to bottom - and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, your baby has now completed the most critical portion of their development. Your baby's limbs can bend now. Their hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over their heart, and their feet may be long enough to meet in front of their body. From crown to rump, they're about 1 and 1/4 inches long. In the coming weeks, your baby will again double in size - to nearly 3 inches.

Before you got pregnant, your uterus was the size of a small pear. By this week, it's as big as a grapefruit. You may or may not be ready for maternity wear now. Even if you're not there yet, your regular clothes are probably feeling uncomfortably tight. The thickening in your midsection is most likely due to slight weight gain and bloating.

***

Louis was extremely irritated right now. It's not unusual for him to be-especially since the mood swings have started but today was a special day. Last week Harry was assigned a new surgeon who had to be trained for two weeks. The first week flew by with no issue and the girl, Kendall, seemed to be really nice. But now it's the 10th day of him training her and Louis was ready to commit murder. She started flirting with him at the start of the week, starting off with small gestures that Louis barely noticed.

A quick caress of his arm or a flirty smile when Harry said something funny. It wasn't until she tried to ask him out yesterday that Louis started to see everything. She even attempts to limit his time with Louis in between breaks in his shift by asking him to help her with tasks. The alpha is aware of her attempts and still maintains his focus on keeping his pregnant mate happy and healthy. He doesn't care for her and doesn't even acknowledge her. But it still bothers Louis that she's around him for hours on end, flirting continuously.

"Harry, did I ever tell you that you're so strong? The way you transferred that injured man off the gurney and onto the bed by yourself must have been so... hard." She says softly, fluttering her lashes as she speaks. Louis' eye twitches as he tries not to pounce on her, wanting to avoid any chances of him getting charged with assault. Harry hums softly, not paying her any mind as the two of them approach Louis at the nurses station.

"Uh huh, yeah." He says distractedly before looking up from the clipboard in his hands, his eyes meeting Louis'. He breaks out into a wide smile, green eyes shining. "Good morning, Louis." Harry greets his beautiful boyfriend, leaning his weight against the desk separating him from Louis. The omega grins back at him and rests his chin on his hand, looking at him with fond eyes. "Good morning, handsome."

Kendall rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as the alpha beams, his green eyes sparkling. "Do you want to go to the cafe for lunch?" Harry asks while reaching a hand out to brush a strand of hair from Louis' forehead. His hand lingers on his face for a second longer before he moves back. "I was thinking maybe we can try that new natural berry smoothie they just added to the menu since the doctor said berries are healthy for the baby." Harry tacks on, his eyes never leaving Louis' much to Kendall's dismay.

"That sounds great, H. We can take a lunch break at like 3:30." He tells him while holding his hand out for Harry to take. The taller male reaches down and grabs Louis' hand, squeezing it gently. "Okay good, I also wanted to talk to you about something important." He tells him while bending to kiss Louis' knuckles. The omega blinks as he tilts his head, eyebrows furrowing.

"Is it about-"

"Oh! Look at the time, Harry?" Kendall interrupts them while pulling on Harry's arm to get his attention, his hand slipping from Louis', "You said you would show me where the lab is, remember?" She reminds him as Louis' fingers curl into a fist, his eyes blank as he keeps up a fake smile. His patience is skating on thin ice and one more minute with this girl will result in Louis getting into a fight. But he can't because he has his baby to worry about.