41

Please excuse any mistakes or typos I may have made. Please vote and comment! I hope you enjoy the story.

____________________________

Your baby at 39 weeks!

Your baby is full term this week and waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, about the size of a mini-watermelon.

Your life at 39 weeks pregnant!

If you go past your due date, your provider will schedule you for fetal testing after 40 weeks to ensure that it's safe to continue the pregnancy. If you don't go into labor on your own, most healthcare providers will induce labor when you're between one and two weeks overdue - or sooner if there's an indication that the risk of waiting is greater than the risks of delivering your baby without further delay.

While you're waiting, it's important to continue to pay attention to your baby's movements and let your doctor or midwife know right away if they seem to decrease. Your baby should remain active right up to delivery, and a noticeable slowdown in activity could be a sign of a problem.

Also call if you think your water may have broken. Sometimes there's a big gush of fluid, but sometimes there's only a small gush or a slow leak. If your water breaks but contractions don't start on their own, you'll be induced.

***

Louis was laying in bed with his knitting kit resting on his huge, round baby bump. He's been on bed rest for the last month because it's gotten too difficult and too dangerous for him to be up and moving. He loses his breath quickly and his muscles are too sore or too weak to support his weight for long. He doesn't mind it though because he's enjoying his alone time at home, he's even gotten the hang of knitting little booties and hats.

Niall comes over as much as he can to visit as well but it's not too often because Ethan is only three months old right now. He still shouldn't be exposed to the outside for too long especially when it's been raining recently. Because it's spring, they've been getting heavy rain and it's pissing Louis off. All he wants to do is sit outside in the grass and look at the sky. Sometimes he feels like he's going insane being inside all the time.

Harry has been at work a lot recently because he still has to go in and that bothers the alpha. His mate is stuck at home bound to be due any minute now and he's caught up at work. It drives him crazy not knowing how his fiancé is at all times. Maria has been assigning him the early shifts though so he still has the evening and night to be with his pregnant mate. Harry is extremely grateful for that.

Louis sighs as he puts his needles down, his blue eyes shifting to the TV. The news was on and it was giving the weekly weather report. Much to Louis' annoyance, it's supposed to be raining all week. He groans and shuts off the TV, dropping the remote back down next to him. His phone starts to ring which catches his attention and he picks it up to see that Peter was facetiming him.

"Hey." Louis greets him after he picks up, seeing only his friend's face because it seemed like he was walking. He hasn't seen much of Peter recently because his asshole boyfriend throws a fit every time he tries to hang out with them. Louis keeps trying to tell him how toxic Noah is to him but Peter assures him that everything is okay. Louis keeps Alec updated on the situation because the alpha expressed his interest in Peter and was really disappointed when he found out about Noah.

He told Louis to let him know if anything goes wrong because Alec will be there right away no matter the distance. Peter and Alec's relationship has gotten very strong ever since the wedding. They talk all the time though Peter has to hide that from Noah because the alpha gets pissed. Peter confides in Alec about everything that happens and they're very close friends.