Chapter 4: Acknowledging Detroit

SHORT: 587 WORDS

You were walking around Detroit. It was really beautiful. People surrounded you and this time, you didn't really care. You stopped at a dessert truck, only 2 other people were waiting. When your turn come, you ordered a cookie-and-cream filled bun. You ate it on your walk, you noticed that about a quarter of areas you've explored so far was filled with Androids. You let them be and continued walking around, just getting to know the city.

You had only been walking for 10 minutes until you heard something loud. You followed the sound and saw a group of people protesting with signs above their heads.

"NO MORE ANDROIDS!"
"WE ARE BECOMING POOR BECAUSE OF ANDROIDS!"
"CYBERLIFE BESTOWED HELL UPON US!" You thought about it from both sides and you could honestly kinda agree with them. Because people were using Androids to replace everyday jobs, nobody is getting money so only the people who were rich to begin with get more money, but on the other side, you also disagreed, because when you had homework, your mom wouldn't be there to tell you to do the chores and she wouldn't have to waste her time making you food, so you didn't really have a solid opinion.

You were a bit annoyed from the protest and so you continued on your way, walking around the city and in only a few moments, your mind was taken off of the protest.

You eventually decided to head back to your uncle's house. You stepped inside the big red mansion that you loved and you were greeted by Kara.

"Hello Y/N."
"Heya Kara." You walked to the kitchen. You noticed for the first time how it felt so empty in the mansion. The only person who actually lived here was your uncle, Kara was only his Android assistant. That made you think, why wasn't your uncle married yet? He is really nice, he is really rich, he is really wise and gives good advice. Maybe he's gay and you don't know? Maybe he just likes to be alone? You weren't sure.

You decided to go ask your parents about it, so you went to their bedroom. Your father was drawing and your mother was sewing.

"Hey mom, dad..."
"Hello Y/N!" They smiled.
"I have a question."
"What is it?"
"Why is my uncle still alone in this mansion?"
"What do you mean? He's got Kara."
"But Kara is just a robot, she isn't breathing, she doesn't have blood pulsing through veins, she doesn't have any thoughts or a life."
"Well, maybe she is alive, maybe she is a deviant, maybe we just don't know it yet."
"But I thought deviants were always making themselves known."
"Well, maybe your uncle had an effect on her, maybe she's learnt from him."
"Maybe... anyways, back to the question, why is he alone?"
"Well... He was actually involved in a scandal. His now ex-wife accused him of cheating on her with Kara and it spread like wild fire through the area but it never made it onto news which is why you probably never knew about it. So now other women are wary of him." You pitied your uncle, he didn't deserve that, he deserved someone with a heart as kind as his.

"Oh.. Ok, thanks for answering." You walked out the door. You decided to head to the games room before heading back out again.

You bought some ice-cream at the mall and some souvenirs.