Chapter 8: Just Slowly.

You woke up. You felt the slight warmth of the Detroit sun on your cheek through the cut between the curtains. You felt oddly happy, more than usual and you didn't know why.

Your legs stretched out over your bed and your feet landed on the cold and shiny wooden floor. Soft red fuzzy slippers covered your feet as you walked outside, tying your hair into a messy bun along the way.

Kara stood in the kitchen, you remembered what she said last night. She smiled and you smiled back.

"What'll it be Y/N?" She asked,
"A coffee please."
"A coffee coming right up." She began making your hot coffee. You went on your iPhone and stalked your friends on insta. They looked like they were having lots of fun, at skateparks, at Starbucks, at sleepovers. You really wanted to join them but you also liked it in Detroit.

The golden mug of glory was placed in front of you,

"Thank you." You took your first sip and smiled. Kara matched your smile as she walked around the room. You finished your coffee and went to dust yourself off. You changed into an oversized blue hoodie and really short shorts, but not slutty-short. Just above halfway on your thigh but it looked like you weren't wearing any pants because of your hoodie. You let your hair down today and wore a big white bow on top of it. You felt pretty cute so you took a picture and posted it on Insta again. All your friend's replied and you replied back and then there was the one user again who you didn't know.

"Aww! You look SO adorable!"
"Thank you!"

You decided to go to the mall again.

As you were walking there, you walked past a hooded figure. You didn't really notice them until you felt something on your butt. You immediately stopped and turned around, hands covering it. You saw the hooded figure put his hand back into his pocket. Your face steamed up as you were trying to figure out what to do until you got startled by a hand on your shoulder. Your head turned towards the owner of the hand. It was Connor!

"Do you want me to get that man?" You assumed he meant the guy who touched your butt so you nodded vigorously. You watched as Connor ran to the hooded figure who was already around 20 pavement blocks away. You watched for a bit until the hooded man's face turned to you, which made your head turn down. You only looked up when you heard footsteps in front of you. It was Connor again.

"Where is he now?"
"He's getting arrested for sexual assault against a minor."
"How'd you know I was a minor?"
"It was on your criminal files."
"O-Oh."
"Why are you wearing that? It makes it look like you're not wearing anything underneath." He asked with his arms crossed.
"Well I think it looks cute... what are you even doing here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be on police duty?"
"The lieutenant's house is down that way but I felt a need to voice my concerns about and to you."
"O-Ok.. well I'll be going now, bye..." You walked off with a wave and watched him walk away.

You went to the mall and then realised, you forgot to thank him. You groaned and just continued eating your ice-cream.

You thought about the hooded man and you began feeling anxious and you pulled down your hoodie out of being uncomfortable but your thoughts eventually moved onto something else.

You received a call from your parents and you picked up.

"Hi mom and dad."
"Hello sweetie! One of the neighbours just invited us over and we wanted to ask if you wanted to come?"
"But the police told me that one of the people that could've possibly drugged my uncle is one of the neighbours."
"Oh... well I guess we'll decline the invitation. Thanks for warning us!" And with that, they hung up.

You began walking back home. You opened the door and was greeted by your parents.

The majority of your day was spent in the library but when 1 pm came, your parents took you to see your uncle however the front desk Android said.

"I must warn you, there are two police officers inside. They say that people can go inside as long as they don't disturb them." You thanked the Android then walked towards the room.

You saw Connor again with Hank. You were confused but opened up the glass door anyway. Connor looked at you.

"The front desk Android said that it's okay for me to visit..."
"Oh ok." Connor replied then looked back at at the doctor. You sat beside your uncle, listening to his heart monitor. It was slow. You looked at the veins on his pale hand.

Eventually Connor and Hank left and now it was just you and your uncle. Hair strands fell onto your face and you pulled them behind your ear.

You eventually had to leave but you still saw Connor and Hank. At this point, you were getting confused on why you were seeing him everywhere but you walked past them and waited for your parents to pick you up.