When the Sun goes down (2017)

Run! That was the only thing on my mind. I need to get  away. I need  to get to safety. I need to.... I need to........

For years we have been trained on how to get away, how to survive an attack, how to avoid. Yet here I am, running aimlessly in the opposite direction of safety, knowing that I will never outrun him, knowing that he will never stop. Even when my legs give way and start failing, and I fall to the ground from exhaustion, he will never stop.

My already racing heart beats radically. My brain fails, I can't hold on to a thought for more than a second. I can't breathe, I can't run anymore, I slow down to a jog to catch my breath and before I know it, claw like fingers have curled over my arms.

'Tag! You're it!' the child screams almost manically into my ear and skitters off. The other children stare at me for a second in disbelief and then they crowd further into the safety docks.

Its almost seven , I need to pass this on to someone else before it becomes dark. I spot a little girl looking lost and terrified and I sprint towards her with my newly found stamina hoping she doesn't notice me before I'm close enough.

Because in this town, if the sun goes down and you're still tagged it..........
You become IT.