Chapter Two : The First Day .

Gumball's Point of View

Butterscotch Butler wanted me to go back to school , after I got done with my duties to the Kingdom . She thought that I could handle both my duties and school at the same time ; even though I feel kind of overwhelmed , I think I can handle it . I have been taking online classes back at the castle but , my mental health wasn't really reacting too well .

I wasn't going out too much , I was always in the castle ; either working with different Kingdoms , or working on my online classes . I started developing high levels of stress and I would have to take several pills throughout the day to get me going ; Butterscotch Butler saw that I was struggling , so she decided to enroll me in an actual school .

At first , I wasn't keen to the idea of attending real school ; I've never socialized with people outside the castle , apart from the candy people ; but , that's totally different . I got used to spending most of my time inside the castle , in my lab , or in my study - that's where I did all of my work - but , Butterscotch Butler ended up convincing me .

I'm used to working with people older than me , like Lady Lemongrabs and Ice Queen but I have never dealt with people my age , and the thought is scary . I know people at this age can be a bit .. much , so I'll try not to bother too much .

Last night , I couldn't sleep . I was too nervous and excited at the same time . I'm used to not sleeping at this point , but I really needed it last night . It's about 6 a.m , and I'm still in bed .

" Gumball , you have to get up or you'll be late " Butterscotch Butler opens the door to my room , and walks towards the windows . I squint as she opens the blinds , the sunshine coming through the clear glass ; I'm used to waking up early , but I will never get used to the feeling of being blinded by the sun . I groan as I sit up , rubbing my sleepy and tired eyes ; I look up at Butterscotch Butler and give her a sleepy smile , she leans down and kisses my forehead .

I did this for her . I decided to attend school because of her , because I saw how much she was suffering for me ; she's kind of my mother , she's the only person that has taken good care of me my entire life . I didn't want to stress her out too much anymore , I think this will be good for the both of us " Thanks for reminding me , Butterscotch " I get up and trudge across my room , trying to find the perfect outfit for my first day of school .

I hope nobody recognizes me . Being royalty can be a bit annoying , sometimes ; everyone always treats you a certain way because of a title ; even though I'm Prince Gumball of the Candy Kingdom , doesn't mean anything . I'm a regular being just like the rest . I'm not gonna wear my usual pink outfit today , I'm going to change it up a bit ; I take out some ripped jeans , a blue and black flannel and some black converse to go with my entire outfit . I never use stuff like this because it's not royalty material but I don't care , I don't want to be known at school .

I start getting ready for the day by taking a shower , brushing my teeth and putting my outfit on . I spray some cologne before heading out . As I walk into the living room , Butterscotch Butler looks up at me and her eyes get filled with tears instantly ; but I can see that they're not sad tears , they're proud and full of joy . " You look wonderful , son " She hugs me tightly , as I hear her sobbing softly ; this hasn't been easy for the both of us , but I think everything is going to change for the better . She's always seen me as her son , that's why she calls me that ; I sometimes call her mom , but I usually don't because I think it's disrespectful towards her .

" Come on , let me go . I'm going to be late ! " I chuckle as she lets go of me , admiring me one last time . When we're dealing with important stuff that deals with the Kingdom , she would usually yell at me for using clothes like these ; but this time , it's different . She's proud that I'm coming out of my shell . I kiss her forehead before heading out of the castle . Even though I have multiple vehicles to go in , I decided that it was best for me to walk . I don't want to draw too much attention to myself ; if someone saw me pull up in one of my vehicles , they will immediately tell that Prince Gumball just arrived .

Rydell High is not too far away from the castle , that's why I like it . I can enjoy myself while listening to the quiet chirp of the birds , or the soft motors of vehicles passing by ; I really do enjoy having some peace and quiet for myself . I might as well enjoy it before entering a busy and loud High School .

Butterscotch Butler suggested that I should pack my pills , just in case something happens but I didn't . I have faith that I will not need them this time , I think I'll be okay for 8 hours . I still don't know what I'm going up against , I don't know what to expect from my teachers , classmates and Rydell High in general .  

I breathe out as I come face-to-face with Rydell High . From the looks of it , it's a beautiful school , a bunch of trees surrounding it and it looks like it could be a big campus . According to my schedule , I have Englist first and it starts in about 15 minutes ; I still have enough time to mingle around .

" Hello , My name is Gumball " .. " Hi , I'm Gumball . How's it going ? " I think to myself , trying to come up with ways to introduce myself , without seeming too desperate to make friends . I sigh as I come up with nothing , reaching my locker . The hallway isn't that crowded , everyone's doing something different ; some people are making out against their lockers , talking , grabbing their stuff or just hanging out before classes start .

A loud group of people catches my attention . I turn my head to the side , trying to see what all the fuss is about . Everyone seems to be surrounding this specific person , but I can't see who it is ; I bet this certain fellow is pretty popular .

I can hear the squeals of desperation from both girls and guys , trying to get a hook up with this guy . There are too many people crowding him , so I can barely see what's really going on . I sigh as I approach the group , trying to blend in with the others ; I push a few people out of the way , and my eyes widen as I see what everyone's so obsessed with ..

Oh . My . Glob !