Chapter Three : Consequences .

Gumball's Point of View

I stood in shock as I saw who everyone was talking about ; his black hair perfectly laying on his shoulders , his wicked and evil smile enchanting everyone around him and his deep red and black eyes , looking right through my empty soul . Who was this guy ?

" He's pretty hot , huh ? " A cheerful and kind voice came from behind me . I jumped up as the voice startled me , I was probably too mesmerized by this guy in front of me to notice anything else around me . I place my hand over my heart , feeling my heart's rapid beats . I look up and see a girl in front of me ; a bunny hat covered her long and silky blonde hair , she had a light blue long sleeve covering her upper body , while she had a darker shade of blue skirt , covering half of her thighs ; don't think this is creepy , I just analyse everything too well . " Hi , I'm Fionna ! " She extends her hand for me to shake . I look down at her hand , then I look up at her .. she smiles at me , as I shake her hand .

" Gumball " I say , smiling . I look over at the group again , my eyes falling on the center of attention ; he's pretty hot but , why did everyone want his attention ? Why was everyone so desperate to be with him ? I tried to think of a possible solution to this nonsense , but my mind failed me . I didn't understand high school very well , or at all , so I just gave up trying to come up with an explanation to what was happening in front of me . " What's his deal , anyway ? " I say pointing at the group with my thumb , especially at the guy who had captivated my mind . She looks at the group behind me , then she looks at me and laughs .

" You must be new ! " She chuckles , as she looks at me from head to toe ; I felt intimidated by her , in a way , but I didn't think too much of it . She seemed pretty fun and care-free , and I liked that about her .. " Your little crush over there ? That's Marshall .. Marshall Lee . He's the king of Rydell High . " As she talked about him , my mind went blurry and all I could focus on was him ; I didn't know him well enough to judge , just yet .. but , I don't know what it is about him . I don't know what's so special about him , but I intend to find out . " The guy beside him , that's Ash ; also known as his brother , his best friend and his companion " I look towards Marshall's right and see a greyish pale face , white hair coming down his face , his pointy ears sticking out of it ; that must be Ash .

LunchTime : 4 hours later .

All of my classes were going great and I enjoyed every single one of them . Fionna and I had every class together , so we decided to stick around ; even though she barely knew me , and I barely knew her , I'm pretty sure this could be a start of a new friendship . We've only taken three classes so far , but there's still two and a free period to get through before going home .

It's lunchtime , and apparently , everyone either hangs out in the cafeteria or outside at the picnic tables . Fionna and I thought that it was best for us to go outside and enjoy some fresh air after surviving our prior classes . Fionna has been such a great mate ; she's been giving me some important information about the school , teachers and everyone surrounding us . She told me that lunchtime was usually a chaotic time ; lunch lasted for about an hour , giving people time to start drama . When I heard her say it , I wasn't surprised ; I knew high school would be very dramatic , that's why I prepared myself beforehand .

We're sitting at one of the picnic tables , near the shade of a tree . Fionna pulls out her lunch , and I can see that she brought a simple sandwich . I didn't bring anything to eat because , I felt too uncomfortable ; besides , I can eat when I get home in a few hours . I look around at the scenery , taking in the fresh air coming from the trees . As I look around , I spot Marshall and his gang hanging out near one of the walls , behind the school . I shake my head as I turn to look at Fionna , a smile creeping on her face " You like him a lot , huh ? " She teases as she pokes my nose , gaining a chuckle from myself . I feel myself blush a bit but not too much , I don't want to seem that desperate ; he just intrigues me , that's all . 

" Ha ! No , he just intrigues me . That's all there is to it " I say confidently , showing no sign of weakness or cheesy feelings . Fionna laughs at me , as she continues eating . Fionna stops eating as she starts thinking , placing her hand under her chin . I look at her with worry , she seems like one of those people that are extra nosey , but I didn't mind it . " Did you hear about the rumor going around ? " She whispers , as she looks around , people walking past us . It seems like she's acting some sort of paranoid , which was strange to me . I shake my head no , telling her that I don't know what the rumor is about . " Some people are saying that , Marshall's mother , The Ice Queen got sent to a mental hospital due to her lunatic behavior ! " I gasp as I look over at Marshall . He looks normal , like nothing's bothering him ; I'm sure I would go crazy if someone talked bad about Butterscotch Butler , but I'm sure Marshall doesn't pay attention to silly and petty rumors .

" Fight ! Fight ! Fight ! "

We gasp as we hear a bunch of people screaming that there's a fight going on . Everyone seems eager to see what's going on , Fionna grabs my hand as she drags me away . I can't seem to comprehend what's happening , but I think we're about to find out what this whole fight is about . We stop as we reach a group of people , surrounding who seems to be .. Marshall ?

Marshall is in the middle , fists held high ; ready to fight . I can't seem to figure out who his opponent is because people are blocking our view . My stomach tightens as Marshall throws the first punch , aiming straight at the other person's nose . A gush of blood lands on the floor , as we hear a bunch of squeamish girls screaming at the sight of blood . I've never seen or experienced a fight before in my entire life , I've always been hidden away between four walls at the castle . " You have anything else to say , punk ? " Marshall's forehead is dripping with sweat , his mouth is slightly open , trying to catch his breath .. I'm sure the fight's been going on for longer than 10 minutes , but it's kind of hot seeing Marshall act this way . Marshall throws a few more punches , kicking the other person to the ground . He sits on the guy's torso , throwing hard punches all over his face . If someone doesn't stop him , he's going to end up killing him !

I don't know what possesed me to do this , but I found myself walking closer to Marshall . I felt everyone's eyes at me as I pulled him away from the fight , as a bunch of staff members came in to stop it . " Let go of me , stupid ! I'll kill that motherfucker , you just wait ! " Marshall screams repeatedly as I place my hands around his torso , almost under his arms ; I can feel his tight muscles beginning to tense up more . With his strength , he pushes me . I groan as my body hits the hard ground beneath me . I slowly look up at Marshall , his gaze turned the other way ; even though we don't know each other , I'm sure he's not very fond of me . I was only trying to do the responsible thing , but I guess I fucked up without even knowing it .

" Marshall , Gumball , Lumpy Space Prince . Follow me to my office "

Great ! This is just fucking great !