Chapter 14

"Bakugou Katsuki"

"Hah?" The boy gave a sound of confusion in that raspy way. Up until he heard his name, he paid very little attention to what was going on. If it wasn't hero training, he wasn't really interested.

Midoriya, on the other hand, had heard everything as clear as day. To say that he was shocked would be a severe understatement. He was looking between Bakugou and Ayano with bulging eyes.

He looked at Bakugou, who was scowling as usual, and he looked at Ayano, who he realized had been looking in front of him this whole time. She was meeting Bakugou's scowl with her expressionless face.

Mummers could be heard from the other students. To many, it made sense that the top scorer of the Support Exam would want to work with the top scorer of the Hero Exam. However, there was a much deeper meaning to Ayano and Midoriya.

At the continued silence from the boy, Junk Master coughed a bit. "Ahem! Well, what do you say Bakugou?" "Why the fuck would I want a shitty costume made by some support student when I could get one from the support company?" He asked rhetorically, not tearing his eyes away from Ayano's.

"I can see where you're coming from, kid. But this is an assignment that us U.A. teachers have already decided on. Of course, if you end up not liking the costume, you can just put in a request to have one made by the normal support company...Sasaki?" The girl had ignored Junk Master's words, slowly walking up to Bakugou's desk.

Midoriya gulped, not liking where this was going. He was very familiar with their confrontations, and he hoped this one wouldn't go too far.

"Perhaps you did not hear correctly with that thick skull of yours, but I was the top scorer of the Support Course entrance exam. If I were to make anything, it would not be a 'shitty costume.' I simply would not allow it." Ayano was not the type to brag. Of course, she was aiming for the top, but she didn't care for bragging rights. She was simply stating it as a fact in order to get past Bakugou's stubbornness. She believed that his desire to be number one would surpass his hatred for her.

"I have absolute confidence that I could make you the best costume out of everyone here, not just because I was the top scorer, but because of who I am." She slapped her hand over her heart, giving pride to her words. "Other than you, I know your quirk better than anyone. I've seen it first-hand since childhood. I've even made support items with it in mind before. Do you honestly believe that someone else, who has only looked at your quirk on paper, could compare to me?"

She placed both hands onto his desk, leaning down to his eye level. "I intend to aim for the top, and I intend to stay there. When we were children, I promised you that I would help get you there as well. The top where the number one hero stands. You said you wanted to be the number one hero, didn't you? Then you should be looking for only the best to accompany you." She stood straight again, crossing her arms over her chest and giving him a mocking look.

"Unless, of course...you're all just bark and no bite." Bakugou quickly stood up at that, knocking his chair backwards and leaving Midoriya to frantically catch it behind him. He glared at Ayano, giving her a toothy and malicious grin. He unleashed his quirk in quick pops, further intensifying his villain-like demeanor.

"You better be prepared then! Because I'm gonna run you and your support items into the dirt if I don't like them!!!" She returned his glare head-on, rising to the challenge. "I'd like to see you try. I, nor my support items, will be so fragile."

Bakugou's quirk suddenly stopped, causing him to look past Ayano and at Aizawa. His black hair was floating about, revealing his fierce bloodshot eyes. The blond clicked his tongue in annoyance, flopping back down into his seat.