22 - whatever

BRADLEY

I look nervously down at my phone as I checked the time. Charlotte said she was only a few minutes away from school. I had told her that I had something to tell her.

My dad had called on Sunday, demanding that I go to his business evening this Friday and that I need to bring someone. Initially, I asked the boys but they were all busy partying and didn't want to miss out for some stupid business where they'd actually have to pay for the alcohol. And since my dad was adamant that I bring someone, I decided to ask Charlotte.

"Hey," she smiles as she noticed me waiting by her classroom door. I place my lips briefly on hers before pulling away, not wanting to get myself carried away.

"How are you feeling today?"

"Considering it's a Monday, not so great," she huffs. "Remind me not to stay up late on a night before uni watching Netflix."

"You'll just ignore me if I did," I chuckle and she rolls her eyes, however not denying it. "Well, since you're here, I was wondering if I could ask you something."

She raises an eyebrow expectantly.

"So, I spoke to my dad yesterday," I begin and she sucks in a breath. She knew me and my dad weren't on the best terms currently. "He's hosting a business evening on Friday and told me I have to come and I need to bring a plus one. . ."

I trail off, looking at her nervously. What if she rejected me? That would hurt my ego terribly.

"Are you trying to ask if I'll be your plus one?" She asks with a small laugh and I nod slowly. "I'll be your plus one, I guess. I can finally meet your parents, maybe give your dad a grilling for treating you like shit. Just send me the dress code."

"Thank you!" I smile down at her and kiss her lips one more time. "You're a life saver. I'll text you all the details and give you some money to buy a new dress or whatever—my treat."

"You don't have to, I can afford it," she frowns and I don't get chance to argue as the bell rings. "I'll see you tomorrow. I've got work tonight."

"Awesome, see you later."

She walks into her classroom and I make my way to my library where I'd sit for the next hour before my classes start. I decide to tell my mum I'm bringing Charlotte.

That's awesome, I'll put her name down on the list. Can't wait to meet her.

I roll my eyes at his reply. Of course she couldn't wait to meet her and tell her all her stories about me. The good ones and the bad ones.

I leave her on read and end up playing some games to pass the time. I could've been productive and studied but I was all caught up on my uni work. The games helped distract me from thinking about Charlotte, which is all I seemed to think about.

I thought about her on my bed, her hair sprawled across the sheets, her trusting me enough to have sex with me. I was so turned on when she told me she had never had sex, it seemed so bizarre.

Ever since I saw her at the party, I knew I wanted her. At first I just wanted her body, and when we were dancing I couldn't stop myself from getting hard. But the way her attitude was so fierce made me want her even more, not just as a one night stand.

I was surprised when she let me take her home, and my stomach had nervous butterflies. I couldn't contain my excitement as I drove over the speeding limit to get to my house.

And when she confessed that she was a virgin, I could see the innocence in her eyes and despite my urge to fuck her raw, I knew I had to be gentle for her.