29 - i love

CHARLOTTE

"Okay, it's fine. Thank you," I let a faux smile on my face before ending the call. I'd rung up thirteen different companies that were advertising for jobs but they were either full of interviews or I didn't qualify for the job.

I throw my phone on my bed and run my hands over my face. I hated feeling so useless. I was about to lose my apartment, a place I'd lived in for the last year and a half and I had so many good memories here.

I shut down my laptop and put it on my desk before walking through to my kitchen. As I search the cupboards for something to eat, there's a knock on the door and I frown, going to answer it with a bag of Cheetos in my hands.

"Hey," Tiara's chirpy voice fills my apartment as she barges her way in as soon as my door cracks open. I move out of her way before closing the door, taking a Cheeto and putting it in my mouth. I follow her into my lounge and as she spins on her heels, she flashes me a grin. "Notice anything different?"

There's a pause as I look over her before I shake her head, "no? Is this a trick question?"

"Look again," she insisted, almost offended that I hadn't noticed whatever I was supposed to. After a few more silent moments and my eye scanning over her she lets out a frustrated sigh. "It's my boobs! I'm now a 34DD, awesome, right?"

"I guess?"

"There's a party tonight at some guy's house and someone hopefully Brad's going to be there."

"And if he isn't?"

"That's not an option," she shakes her head. "He will be there, and he won't be able to resist us."

"Us?"

"Me and my new boobs," she rolls her eyes like it's obvious. "Anyway, we should get ready. I brought myself a dress and shoes and some makeup too. We're going."

She displays the bag on her shoulder and I nod slowly, with a frown on my face, "yeah. No, yeah, I'm not going. I didn't agree to this. And I have to find a new job."

"It's almost five, places are closing soon," she counters. "Please. You're a great wing woman."

I let out a sigh, a pout forming over her face. I wasn't up for a party, I needed to find a job. I had companies to email and places to phone and going to a party was the last thing I should be doing.

"You deserve a break from all your job hunting."

"Fine," I give in way too easily. I put away all my things and end up putting a full face of makeup on as well as a black body-con dress that fit perfectly. While Tiara does her makeup in my bathroom, I pick up my phone and message Brad.

There's a party tonight, are you going?

I send the text and it doesn't take long for Brad to reply. He was definitely a fast replier, which was useful.

Are you going?

Yeah, Tiara's dragging me down.

See you there girlfriend.

I can't help but smile at the last word. Girlfriend. I couldn't believe that I was Brad's girlfriend, still. Despite acting like we're in a relationship before we were actually in one, it felt so much more real now there was an official label on it.

"I've ordered a taxi," Tiara says as she struts into my room with her five inch heels. I nod and slip on some black trainers since I wanted to feel comfortable walking around tonight. "We best get outside, it'll be here soon."