47

Harry

Flashback

Valentines day

Marlene's delicate hands gently played with the few hairs on my chest as I gently ran my fingers up and down along her spine. "Are you gonna say anything?" She teased, her fingers walking up to my chest to my face.

"That was amazing." She giggled. "You are very...hands on." She rolled on top of me and kissed my lips. "I care about you so much, this meant everything to me." She smiled gently running her go hers through my hair.

"You mean a lot to me, Harry, this has been the best Valentine's day I've ever had." Her lips pressed to mine and I felt her begin to grind on me again. In a quick motion, I flipped us over and was on top of her. She looked up at me and smiled gently.

"What is it?" She shook her head.

"Nothing, I just feel safe with you." I smiled knowing I would always keep her safe.

End flashback

I had never thought my reflexes were very good until I saw the blood oozing down Marlene's legs and her eyes rolling to the back of her head. I ran to her just before her body hit the floor and she fell into my arms.

I promised to always keep her safe.

I felt the sudden panic in my heart and the need to sooth the sting in my eyes with my tears.

But I had no time for crying.

"Baby, hey Marlene wake up baby!" I checked her pulse and felt relieved when I could feel the blood flowing through her veins, pushing up against my fingers. I picked her up onto the bed and grabbed my phone calling an ambulance. "Okay, we're okay." I was speaking to myself.

On the phone, the operator kept reassuring me that help was on the way, and soon enough the sound of the ambulance was outside. I looked down at Marlene and knew I would have to leave her here while letting them into the house. I pressed my lips to her forehead and made sure to cover up her body while running outside to the paramedics.

It all happened in a flash, much too quickly for me to remember what exactly was going on. Her blood type, allergies, and medications were written down while they set her on a gurney.

"Sir you can ride with us to the hospital." I nodded running towards Oliver's room to pick him up and wrap him in a blanket, grabbing his diaper bag and following the man to the ambulance where Marlene still hadn't woken up.

When we made it to the hospital they took her away, leaving me with a sleeping toddler in my arms as they took her in to check her out. I decided to call her mum who immediately said she'd be here as soon as she could.

Oliver woke up and was very confused as to where we were and what was happening. How did this all get so crazy so fast, it doesn't make sense and was making me crazy.

"Daddy?" Oliver looked at me, rubbing his eyes. How was I supposed to explain where his mother went?

"Oh baby, go back to sleep okay." He looked at me and gently touched my cheek. "Daddy's sad because mumma is sick." I tried to wipe my tears but failed miserably. This waiting room wasn't helping either, there was no distraction from what was happening inside.

I couldn't lose Marlene I just can't, and right now I was beginning to feel a pain in my chest from the thought of her bleeding out on a hospital table.

Suddenly in walked a nurse and a doctor. "For Marlene?" He looked at me.

I stood quickly and ran over to him. "Yes is she alright? Please tell me she's alright?" He sighed.