38

Marlene

I laid back on the couch while Liam gently sang and rubbed my belly. Mitch, Wendy, and my brother had arrived as well and were spreading the word online to anyone who could see.

The detective was upset at Harry for leaving. "If the kidnapper calls and wants the money he's going to want to speak to him."

Oh god, what did this woman want from us?

I began to freak out even more than before because as of right now, I felt sick. My stomach was hard and my back was killing me. I felt a familiar pain and I was beginning to panic at the familiar feeling I've only experienced one other time when I was seventeen.

Flashback

My mother had company over as I laid in bed with a fever and cramps. I knew this was going to be difficult, but it was much worse because I had no one to comfort me. No one cares about me as I lay here and end my pregnancy.

The door opened revealing my mom who walked in and sighed. "You've never had period cramps like this before Marlene, this is odd." She told me. I quietly sobbed to myself because she didn't know what was happening to my insides right now. "When the medicine kicks in you come downstairs and say hello to everyone young lady." I nodded quickly.

"Yes, mom." She left a minute later and I quickly ran into the bathroom to throw up. I sat on the ground and cried for an hour before I eventually knew the second pill had done its job and I was about to start this traumatic experience.

The pain was rough and sad, I felt lonely as I cleaned myself up and walked downstairs for a bit to say hello before my mother came back up to see me. This was the worst day of my life.

End flashback

"I need to use the restroom." I sat up and held my stomach. Liam sighed looking at me. "I don't feel very well."

"I'm here for you Marlene," he told me. I felt a big cramp in my stomach and began crying as I walked to the bathroom.

Today was now the worst day of my life.

*

Harry

I drove for a while until I saw the familiar fence and house. The lights were on and there in the front was the car that was last seen at the daycare.

I took my phone out and began calling the detective who immediately told me to stay nearby and not try to interact yet. I took a deep breath knowing that everything would be okay.

I waited on the phone so they could get my location and felt my heart beating fast. When the police lights showed through the woods I felt my heart leap with joy as they got closer and saw me. I stood there while they raided the house feeling completely terrified.

The detective walked up to me and sighed."How did you know Harry?"

I shook my head. "My gut was telling me this." I took a deep breath. "This house belonged to my son's biological grandmother, she's been after my son since he was born." He nodded. Suddenly I could hear crying, it was Oliver's. I ran over and one of the officers held him in his arms. "Ollie!" I ran after him and pulled him into my arms tightly.

"Daddy! Mumma go home!" He cried reaching out for me.

"I know baby, daddy's here now it's okay." I sobbed dropping to the floor to hold him close. "I'm so sorry baby, I love you so much!" I looked up and thanked the officer and immediately they wanted to take Oliver to the hospital to get him checked.

"Mr. Styles your wife wanted you to know that she was at the hospital as well, she was experiencing some pains." I already knew what was happening to Marlene and I knew that this had all been too much for her body to handle.