22*

Harry

When Marlene and Jonathan pulled apart she looked at Gemma, quickly letting go, both of them apologized. "Sorry we met years ago when I was sixteen on this family trip to New York, Johnny helped me find my way back to the hotel and saved me from getting lost."

"Oh?" Gemma nodded looking at me."Oh..." She said a little odd.

"Well, what a small world." My mum laughed. "Harry darling I want to see the baby." I nodded.

"Do you guys want some tea before bed?" Marlene asked walking them to the kitchen.

By the time I got my parents settled in, I went downstairs where I got halfway through a story. "So I told her that I was going to stay because I felt like she was the one and I wasn't going to give up the opportunity on love," he spoke about Gemma making Marlene smile big.

"That's so cute, I'm so happy for you." she turned to me and reached out to hold my hand.

"Okay so is someone going to tell me how you two know each other?" I blurted out kinda tired of the friendly chatting between what should have been two strangers. Marlene looked at the time and told me it was late. We said goodnight and went to Oliver's room where I had set up the inflatable mattress. "Marlene?"

"You're going to judge me. I would rather not speak of this." She started putting her hair up for bed. She was already dressed.

"You once told me you lost your virginity in New York, was it with him?" She looked out the window and shook her head. "Okay, so who-"

"It was with his brother," she whispered. "Joshua." I had only met Jonathan's brother once at their wedding. According to Jonathan, he's a bit of a fuck up, divorced, and rude.

Also about eight years older than Marlene.

"Marlene, you were underage." she sighed covering her face. "Even in New York, that's illegal."

"I met Jonathan on the subway and he was nice and told me how to get back to our hotel. He was with his brother and I told them that I was eighteen so they'd want to hang out. We spent the day doing all the fun things my mom wouldn't let me do and I would sneak out of the hotel at night to go hang out." she sighed. "On my last day only Joshua was there, I didn't know he was twenty-five. He thought I was eighteen so stuff happened." she shook her head. "I told Johnny and he told me that he was married and older, I was so embarrassed that I never kept in contact with him."

She looked at her hands and sniffled. "Hey, I'm not judging you, you were young."

"I broke a marriage, I was a home wrecker and a slut who slept with the first guy who looked at me twice. I did the same thing with you-"

"Do not call yourself that Marlene," I said quickly. "You didn't break a marriage, he did, he ruined his life do you understand? I left Emily, you had nothing to do with my choice, I wanted you." She didn't look at me. "Look at me." she turned. "It's in the past, you are not a slut or any bad name you call yourself for having sex in the past. No need to cry." she leaned into me and hugged me tightly.

"I've changed I swear." She stated.

"You have in the best way." I rubbed her back laying us down on the bed. She held onto me closely and I knew that there was something else to this story but she was too afraid to tell me.

*

Marlene

Around seven I woke up to make breakfast for everyone. I heard footsteps and turned to find Gemma there. "Morning, would you like some coffee?" She nodded taking a seat. "Merry Christmas." Her smile was genuine, yet I felt awkward around her so I just made breakfast. "You know about everything?"