36*

Marlene

Today was not a good day at all, today I felt hideous. It was as if all my insecurities were shining brighter than ever and no amount of makeup or clothes could hide them.

I had always worn pretty tight fitting clothes so when I woke this morning and my little tummy popped out, none of my skirts for work wanted to fit. "This is a fucking nightmare!" I said looking through my stuff.

"Baby I hate to rush you, but I have a meeting." I turned to Harry where he stood with Oliver already dressed. "Wear a dress." I rolled my eyes grabbing the first dress I could find. It was a light pink colored one that fits pretty nice but was a bit bright for work.

We dropped Oliver at daycare and drove to the office where Harry didn't even give me a kiss goodbye as he was already running towards his meeting.

I got to work and it wasn't until lunch when I heard Liam behind me. "Cute dress." He complimented.

"I don't feel very cute." I sighed. "What's the tea on the floor, I don't want anyone seeing me like this." He chuckled taking a seat.

"There's this new girl Brenda who's kind of a bitch, flirts with all the guys." I hummed.

"I saw her, looks like a bitch." He nodded.

"I'd watch her if I was you, she was eyeing your man." I raised an eyebrow. "I'll fight her if she sinks my ship."

I had a sudden urge to go see my husband. So I took a stroll over to Harry's office. As I made it I noticed his door was closed so I gently knocked and came in. He was alone working on his computer. "Yes?" He said without looking up.

"It's your wife." He looked over.

"Oh hi." He said casually. I took a seat in his chair and watched as he worked. "What's up?" He sat back in his chair looking a bit tired.

"Well it's lunch time and since you've been working through lunch for the past few weeks, maybe you can take this one off and come eat with me?" He looked at his computer and looked conflicted. He didn't say anything for a long time so I sighed. "Okay nevermind then have fun working-"

"Marlene, don't be ridiculous, we'll have dinner tonight, it won't kill us to have time apart throughout the day." I stared at him in shock.

"Well sorry for wanting to spend some time with my husband, here let me give you your space." I closed his door and walked out of the office.

*

I sat at a park a few blocks away eating my sandwich. I had never felt more unwanted by Harry. Perhaps I was being a bit extra but I was pregnant with his child and not feeling so hot.

I looked at the time and sighed, I had extended my lunch. Not that I cared, what were they going to do fire me? I don't give a shit.

I stood up and walked back to the office up to the elevator. As I walked out I went back to my cubicle and sat down to look at my work. I sighed seeing that I needed to make a few copies so I got up again and walked over to the copy room. Right before I walked in I could hear talking. "...I'm just saying that the men at this company are so attractive. I mean the head of the department-"

"Harry." Another woman spoke. "He is so fine, but so married."

I heard a small chuckle. "Hmm, that's never stopped me before." God is this what I sounded like? No, I wasn't a bitch.

"Yeah well, his wife is also the niece of Mr. Edmunds."

"You're kidding." She hummed. "I'm surprised she could get someone as hot as Harry, she's so basic-ugly." They walked out of the copy room right past me.