Prologue

Yes! The mermaids are back earlier than planned! I sort of missed this story and I just couldn't wait to get things started! I didn't post a trailer because when I tried to put the video into WMV it wouldn't save and honestly, I don't have the patience to try and make it work. Have you read the summery? You should. Did you see the new cast? You should check it. Because this new mermaid book is going to be a roller-coaster ride that only goes up. So, let's ge things started people!

Song: Angels & Demons by Melissa Otero
Picture: Mermaid Tale banner

Prologue

Diana            

She was awoken in the middle of the night by the sound of the telephone ringing. At first she wanted to ignore it, but she knew all too well that the individual on the other end would continue calling until she answered. With a moan, she sat up in her bed and tried to compose herself, before slowly reaching over to her nightstand to pick up the phone.            

“Yes?” She answered, trying her best to sound awake, even though she’d only gone to sleep barely a few hours ago.             

“Sorry to bother you so early Boss.” Her lab assistant Henry replied on the other end of the line. “But we’ve got a situation on the beach of Shelly Town that requires your presence.”              

She rubbed her eyes and let out a small yawn. “I’ll be there in twenty minutes.” She answered, hanging up the phone and pushing herself out of her bed.             

After getting dressed, chugging down two cups of coffee and then driving for ten minutes in the pouring rain, she found herself leaving the limits of her city and entering a small town. She’d barely driven in when she was stopped by a police officer. She lowered the car window.

“Sorry miss.” The man yelled over the loud rain. “This town’s off-limits for the next forty-eight hours; a huge hurricane just hit and it’s flooded everywhere, it’s not safe.”              

She took her ID badge out of her coat pocket. “My name is Diana Rodriguez; I’m a world renounced scientist.” She said to the officer, trying to speak over the rain. “My assistant contacted me not too long ago about a situation that needs to be taken care of.”

The policeman looked at her identification and nodded. “Wait here.” He shouted, before backing away from the car and saying something into his walky-talky; moments later he came back. “Please step out of the vehicle miss; I have orders to escort you to the beach.”

Diana did as she was told. She turned off her engine and got out of her car, her feet already soaked in water as soon as they made contact with the ground. As she walked beside the police officer, she took the time to analyse her surroundings. Obviously the hurricane had not reached out of town because nothing seemed destroyed, yet the flooding was inevitable. Soon enough, Diana had water up to her knees. Lucky for her, the officer lead her to an amphibious vehicle; a boat that work on land and on water. He helped her up, and once on the security of the boat, the man left to go back to his post and Diana was accompanied to her destination by a military officer. Neither he nor she tried to make conversation; there wasn’t much to say in the first place. They road for a good five minutes, until they reached what seemed to be the beach of Shelly Town where the military had set up their camp ground. The officer, without stopping the engine, told her to get down and sure enough two other men were waiting for her as soon as she was no longer on the boat. They escorted her to a giant tent and once inside she was searched to make sure she didn’t have any lethal weapons on her. When the men were done their inspection, they led her to the east side of the giant tent and tossed aside a hanging curtain, on the other side was Henry Cotler, her lab assistant.