52

I walk through the double doors, and step into the cold, beautiful library. "Can I help you with anything?" An old lady asks from behind the desk. "Umm..... yes. Where can I find town records?" I ask, and she smiles. "I'm not supposed to allow any one in there, but you look harmless-" ha. If only she knew. "Here's a key. It's in the second room on your left. Basement." She says, and I smile kindly. "Thank you so much." I say kindly, then pull the key from her hand, and head to the elevator.

I get to the basement, and look at the dark, lifeless hallway. To any normal human, this would be scary, but to a cured vampire, who has done things they wouldn't even put in a horror movie, this is nothing.

I walk into the right room, and see walls aligned with many filing cabinets. A table with computers sits in the middle, so I sigh. I look at everything, and take a deep breath. This is gonna be a long day.

About six hours and three coffees later -Shelia, the library, saw how big of a 'project this was- I decide it's hopeless. I pack up the books and files, then shut down the computer. Before I close the last book, I notice a name that looks quit familiar. I look closer, and take a deep breath. I flip to the page number labeled 'Hannah Elizabeth Reed'. I then see a paragraph.

Elizabeth died tonight. She died in my arms. My little sister, gone. She was so innocent. She was only nineteen. Now, she's lost to the world of unforgiving supernatural. I lost my little sister. My other half. How do I continue from here? She's gone. I found her diary. I saw it unfit to leave it without closure. It's time for her funeral now. She's being buried next to mother in Crimsom Cemetery. I must go. I will be keeping her diary, to savior her words.
Goodbye sister,
Jaxon Luke Reed

I put the page down, and see an unopened package I didn't notice before. I open it, and see a leather covered diary. I open the first page, and see a beautiful page filled with old cursive. I then place myself within the writing of my lost best friend.

I close the book up, and smile. Beth was actually just like me. I put the book in my bag, and close it up. It's not stealing if it's my aunts diary. That's right. Beth was really my aunt. I think she knew. I wonder why she didn't tell me.