In the Shadows

'How do I get myself in these situations?'
         Cry quickly took hold of your hand and started pulling you away from the staircase, and over to the room where the front door used to stand. His hand was cold to the touch, which made you even more uncomfortable. Cry snapped his head back at you once he felt you yank your arm out of his grasp. "Now why would you do that Friend?" He said innocently, which might have fooled you if he hadn't said it with that strikingly disturbing grin plastered across his face. 
        "Because I don't trust you when you're acting like this." You growled nervously. "I'm going back to the roof with the others... you can just... stay here." You began to backup toward the stairs, and you regretted it instantaneously. Cry grabbed you again, but this time by the wrist which he held onto with a very harsh grip. What happened next shocked you to no end. He swung you and you went flying and crashed up against the wall, cracking some of the dry wall. The masked man pinned you there by pressing his left arm against both of your collarbones, and you yelped as he lifted his knife up to your throat. You stared at him in disbelief, your face painted a ghostly white. The feeling of was purely indescribable: you struggled to breath, you couldn't scream, you couldn't move, you couldn't do anything but stare at the insane man before you and cry. If you tried anything other than, you throat would be slit in a heartbeat. 
        "Please don't be afraid." His grin lowering into an emotionless face, basically mimicking that of his mask. He removed the knife from your throat but still kept you there, pinned like a nail to the wall. You let out a sigh of relief before Cry raised the knife again, time by your face. You whimpered as he caressed you right cheek with the flat edge of the knife as if to comfort you. "Shhhh! Its okay." He said in a demonic, yet at the same time, soothing voice. It was rather confusing, and all you wanted was for the real Cry back... the sane one.  
        "C-Cry? P-Pleas stop this.. . your scaring me!" You begged in a shaky voice. 
        And just like that, the masked man released the knife and looked down at his shaky hands in realization as he slowly backed away. It was just like the night of his tantrum. He walked so far back that his back ran into one of the walls. "Goddammit! What have I done!?" The twisted tone of his voice was replaced with guilt. He looked up at you, gazing into your (E/C), fear-stricken eyes. "(Y/N).... I-" His voice was full of sorrow and regret.
        "N-No Cry!" You stuttered. 
        "But I-"
        "Just stop!" You shrieked, catching the attention of the 3 people on the roof. 
        You heard the faint shout of the man no other than PewDiePie: "AWH FUCK! It's (Y/N)!" Within minutes they had rushed down the stairs to see you trembling in fear, and Cry now sitting on the floor, his back against the wall with his hands over his face. Marzia and Minx were huddled around you in a flash, checking for cuts or bruises. When they asked you if you were okay, you didn't respond. You weren't paying attention to them because you were staring at Pewdie as he talked to Cry. Not once did he raise his voice at Cry, he just remained calm the entire time. You wondered how he could be so calm when you were too afraid that Cry would go insane again before your very eyes. 
        "I think we should get out of here, its not really safe anymore." Pewds said looking over at the trampled cabinet that blocked the previously standing door as he stood up with Cry, who remained silent. You all agreed and left the house that you used to deem as home. Marzia suggested that you guys just find another house, but you disagreed. You just wanted to get out of this neighborhood and go somewhere far away to forget about it. You still didn't feel safe around Cry, and you'd have to deal with it. You knew it wasn't right to blame him for his actions and you would eventually forgive him. Now that didn't mean you had to talk to him right now, or anyone at that matter. So now you were all walking through the streets of the neighborhood, spread out from each other. You walked by yourself in front, Melix behind you, Minx behind them, and Cry in the back. Melix were constantly talking and occasionally would try to get you to converse with them, but you weren't in the mood to talk. You just walked by yourself as you took in your surrounding. Of course all of you forgot to pack a flashlight, so you had to navigate by moonlight, which wasn't very bright. You could only make out the silhouettes or shadows of things. Besides Melix's conversations, which Minx had recently jumped into, and footsteps, you could hear the occasion hoot of an owl, or the croak of a toad. You were generally surprised that there were no crickets. There also weren't a lot of zombies, at least where you were. The ones in the area must have all been in that horde back at the house. 
        "(Y/N). You know you can't shut us all out forever! Come talk to us!" Pewds whined
        You rolled your eyes. "No. I just want to be by myself." You said rather annoyed. With that they left you alone, resuming their conversation, and you continued to focus on the world around you. Their voices grew faint, but you didn't mind because it was less detracting and you figured they were just keeping their distance. You continued to walk until you had about a few blocks left within the neighborhood. No one was talking. You glanced behind you, but no one was there. You were all alone on this deserted street. "Pewdie? Minx? Marzia? Cry? Where are you guys?" you shouted, but to no avail. The only answer you got was silence. You cautiously began walking again. Then you thought you saw something rattle around in one of the bushes in one of the yards. Seeing it made your heart skip a beat and you began to freak out. You decided to pick up your pace. Paranoia was setting in and you started hearing things. You often thought that you could see the silhouette of someone standing off in the distance, and you widened your eyes in terror. 'Its all right (Y/N). No one's there. Your mind is just playing tricks on you.' You wiped your eyes, expecting it to be gone, but it wasn't. Shaking in fear, you stopped for a minute to try and calm yourself down. But the noises didn't stop, and the person still appeared to be standing there. Just in case something happens, you reach for your bag and pull out your red fire axe. You take a deep, shaky breath and continued walking. It was silent for a few moments and, then you noticed what seemed like a piece of paper fluttering to the ground out of nowhere. Seeing how it could be of no harm, you quickly ran up to it and picked it up. There clearly was something written on it, but since the lighting was bad you couldn't make anything out. You shivered as you thought of what it might say and who it was from. 'What if it was from that guy? Or maybe it was from crazy killer guy?' What ever the case, it was getting to you. You looked around frantically to see if anyone was there besides the silhouette that stood in the distance. You were expecting to see someone, but of course it was no one. The thought still freaked you out, and you constantly found yourself looking behind you. "Maybe I should just run through one of the yards to another street...Then maybe all this will go away." You mumbled to yourself. Deciding it was indeed a good idea, you quickly released the note and began running towards one of the houses.  As you slowly started making you way through the yard, you felt something snake around your leg. You yelped as you were yanked into a bush. The person pulled you close, holding you with one hand, and the other hand clasped over your mouth. You began to squirm in panic, but stopped when the person's familiar masculine voice with a slight southern accent whispered to you. 
        "Shhh. I'm not going to hurt you! We have to be quiet though. I saw him too."