Crazy Coincidence- Chap. 15

Kenzie's POV
I wake up in the bed after taking a nap. It is 12:00 P.M. and I feel awful! I had never noticed that I had a fever earlier but now I really feel it. I realize that John is in the room with me and Leo was with him. I am very curious as to where John had been. Before I can ask him, he asks. "How are you feeling?" "I heard that you have a fever." John says.
"Not so well." "The doctor said that I have strep, which caused the fever." I say.
"Oh, I'm sorry." John says.
"So may I ask, where were you earlier?" I ask.
"Well, don't tell Ms. Orlando this, but I kind of went to a friends house." He says.
"A friends house?" "But how?" I ask. I am so confused, because first of all John never really spent that much time outside of the apartment, considering Dale wouldn't have let him.  But, I do remember John telling me how he keeps in contact on his phone.
"And also before I say anything, I told him about you and he said that he knows you." John says.
"Oh gosh, really." "What is his name?" I ask.
"Mark Thomas." "He goes to my school." John says.
As soon as he says this, I just stare at John not blinking, once. I am so shook.
"Oh My God." I say.
"What?" John says. He gives me a confused look.

"He goes to my school and he was actually going to take me on a date, the day after I got kidnapped!" I say.
"Really!" "So I guess now your taken!" John says. He winks at me and laughs.

"No, my point is we must've been going to the same school!" " We never even noticed each other!" I say.

"Holy Shit!" "Well besides that, me and him are really good friends." John says.

"This is so crazy but weird at the same time." I say.
I give John a random kiss on the cheek. "So what did Mark say about me?" I ask.

"Well he told me how he thinks you are really hot and that he wants to do the dirty." "Which kinda pissed me off to be honest, considering you are mine." "I would be careful around him because he is one of the schools playboys." John says.

"That's kind of weird because I never knew that." "Well, maybe it's because I never got out much because Melissa never let me at the time." "Do you think Ms. Orlando is going to send us to our school, because I kind of miss my friends?" I ask.

"Yes, I was talking to my mom and she is sending us there." John says.
As John talks about his friends I start thinking about what my friends are doing. An idea comes into play.
"Actually I was thinking, I should add my friends on snapchat and instagram." I say. I search up my friends and find a bunch of them. I add Annie, Hayden, Lexi, Lilia, Johnny, Mark, and few other people. They immediately text me asking who this number is and tell them who I am. They ask me why I haven't been to school and whole bunch of other questions. So I decide to call all of them and explain. They all seem worried and shocked. I tell them how I won't be going back to school for a few months and I can't hang out with them until I fully recover. Mark sounded angry when I said this.
"So where do you live!?" Mark asks.

"Um, why are you asking?" I ask.

"Maybe I can come over without Ms. Orlando finding out." "John doesn't have to know, it can be our secret." Mark says.
I have the phone on speaker, so John can hear the whole conversation. John snatches the phone out of my hand and starts talking into the microphone.
"John, give me the phone!" I say.

"No, I need to give this asshole pervert a piece of my mind!" John says.

John starts screaming into the phone saying that if Mark puts a hand on me, John will go after him. Once John is done, he hangs up and smiles at me.

"Ok, he won't be bothering you anymore!" John says.
John gives me a hug and tells me that I should relax and take a break from the phone.

"Babe, you look more sick." "You should lie down or something." "I'm going to get the thermometer." John says.

He comes back with a thermometer his hand and takes my temperature. It says 98.6 degrees. (fahrenheit) Which is good. I don't have a fever anymore. I lie down beside John. John wraps his arms around me and I slowly fall asleep.

__________________________________
End of Chapter
Hope you Enjoyed
Next Chapter: Find out what Kenzie's friends are up to!