Chapter seven: Memories.

Sam's POV

I didn't even know how to feel about this. Haylee was dead, not alive anymore. She was a corpse, like she didn't matter. I just saw her yesterday, her perky face and grinning smile. She always had a smile on her face but she was really shy. She didn't deserve to die. Not like this.

We were back at Jamie's place, mopping around the living room. "Sam?" I heard my name being called in a sob.

I looked up to see Hillary with her puffy eyes and red face. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she was looking straight at me. I stared into space, not into her eyes because I knew she felt guilty about what she thought and said to us about how 'awful' Haylee was.

It was funny how she hated Haylee but, now she was dead, she felt sorry. I guess that was what happened when you die.

"Just don't." I snapped.

I was still processing about what happened to Haylee, Jamie was still on my mind of course. Why did Haylee go so quick when Jamie had been missing for weeks now? Maybe we hadn't found a body yet. I had lost faith.

"I'm sorry." Hillary whispered.

"No, you're not." Lucas snapped. He stood up from the couch and looked Hillary straight in the eyes. "You were going on about Haylee like she slept with your boyfriend when she was only speaking her mind, you were too happy for my liking. Only caring about your boyfriend when Haylee didn't even have one to help her through it," He paused, "you should leave." He sat back down, waiting for her to exit.

"Lucas," she said in shocked, "I have lost the two most important people in my life, and yes I do feel guilty about what I said but all best friends say stuff like that and then they get over it but, I have nothing now. No Jamie. No Haylee. I might as well die too." She stood up and looked at both of us. "C'mon, crazy serial killer, take me too!" She yelled as she stormed out slamming the door behind her.

"What is going on?" Kyle ran in.

"Nothing dad, don't worry." Lucas said as he slouched on the couch, looking drained and completely tired.

I was feeling the same.

*

It was Haylee's funeral today and it was touture. I saw Haylee's family at the front of the church by her coffin with her glowing picture on top and it broke my heart. This could have been Jamie's funeral.

We were now seated on a row of benches that took the view of the coffin. Hillary came by herself and she sat away from us. She had been avoiding us since she had that rage a few weeks ago. I was feeling sad thinking about Jamie and how she was missing and possibly dead.

But of course the police say, 'we are doing everything we can.' Personally, I think that was bullshit. The ceremony started and I saw Haylee's mom burst into tears as did Haylee's little sister, Penny.

Hillary's POV

I shouldn't even be here, I was seriously waiting for the crazy serial killer to take me away so I could feel the pain and the guilt. I looked over to see Sam, Lucas and Jamie's family sitting at the other end of the church. Sam glanced at me and gave a faint smile as I ignored him and looked straight ahead again.

"Haylee was loved and she had her whole life ahead of her and she didn't deserve this." was what I last heard from the priest standing at the front, behind Haylee's coffin.

I zoned out thinking about what I said about Haylee, those were horrible things and They would haunt me forever.

Jamie's POV

I sat here, eating my breakfast in a little room at the end of the house. I was grateful that I was still alive.

I hadn't fought my way out because I knew it was pointless and he hadn't killed me yet so that was a good thing. I was okay. For now.

"Finished?" He came in and mumbled, I nodded. He took the dishes away from me and closed the door, but for some unknown reason he didn't lock it so I took my chances.

I stepped outside of my room. This place had been my room for a few weeks now. The floor creaked as my bare feet travelled around the house.

I turned into the actual kitchen and see something in the corner of my eye. "Hello?" I said and a woman's face turned staright to me.

"What are you doing out here?" She grumbled.

She looked really scary, she had her black hair tied up in a bun and she was very pale as she wore a white dress and her makeup was really visible over her face.

"Oh, um. You unlocked the door." I whispered and I wondered why I ever showed myself.

"Mhm," she said bluntly, "get back in there." She growled and I did as she told me. I closed the door behind me and waited.

A few weeks ago.

"What do you want?" I whimpered as I couldn't get free from the grip, my kidnapper who was there I first cane here was holding my wrist and I couldn't break free.

"I want you." he said. "Call me Phillip." He smirked. "I am going to be your caregiver from now on and you must do as I say." He let go. "Get comfy, you will be here a while."

I nodded slowly as tears filled my eyes. Why wouldn't he kill me? Why did he kill the other girls and not me? Why was I the lucky one who got to live? Reality just sunk in. I may never get out of here alive.

*

I heard the screams of another girl and I tried to block it out but it was too loud and overpowering. I then heard the struggling and the dragging of a body and it became silent.

"Please." I heard begging and the voice sounded familiar, maybe it was another girl from my school. This was bad. Really bad.

"Don't hurt m-" The sentence was stopped and all I could hear was the sharp sound of a knife being plunged into her. I double now picture the body being dragged and shoved into a body bag and being taken to the river for the police to find.

What if I was next? That wasn't right. He would have killed me by now just like he did with that poor, innocent girl. I seriously needed to escape from this place and fast. Hopefully I would still be alive.

Now.

That memory still made me shiver, I cut out of that flashback and think back to now. This was creepy. First she was a man, now she was a women or was it two different people? I realised that I couldn't stay in here.

My family and friends probably thought I was dead. I think of the photographs we had taken together, I remember Hillary's wall was filled with photos of the three of us. If I got home, I wanted to do the same.

I had to get out of here and fast.