Chapter nineteen: Reunited.

We arrived at my old house where I grew up in with my family and I still saw my dad's old car parked in the driveway. Sam and Hillary stayed in the car as Lucas, Jacob and I went in by ourselves to see our dad again.

Lucas opened the door "Dad?" He yelled as he looked around the living room, the kitchen and in the bathroom. But no sign of him. The house still looked the same and I liked that.

"But his car is outside." I said as Jacob looked worried. "What?" I asked, feeling worried.

"Well, he has been suffering from depression ever since mom died and he tried to end his life a year after because he lost his two girls." Jacob said, standing next to me. "But after that he was getting better."

"Oh, god." I said, grabbing his hand.

"It's fine. He's probably gone for a walk." Jacob reassured me.

"Jamie, Jacob?" Lucas yelled. His voice was coming from the backyard.

We ran outside, flinging the door open and we saw Lucas kneeling down next to our father on the grass. He was next to the old tree we planted when we were kids. "Dad." I whispered as I realised we could lose him and I hadn't even see him yet.

"Call 911!" Lucas yelled. I grabbed Jacob's phone from his pocket as he was frozen in his place. I dialled the number as fast as my hands could type.

"911, what's your emergency?" I heard a young lady's voice.

"My dad, He's-He's unconscious and my brother is with him right now." I yeller as I raced over to Lucas and my dad.

"Okay, calm down. Is he breathing?" She asked me as I could hear her typing.

I quickly asked Lucas and he felt his pulse. He nodded. "Faintly."

I repeated it to the lady over the phone. "Okay we can track your phone, the ambulance is on their way so stay calm. What is your name?"

"Jamie, Jamie Summers and my dad's name is Kyle Summers. Please hurry!" I said as the phone went dead.

"Your phone ran out of battery." I chucked it to Jacob behind me and he let it fall onto the grass.

He was still frozen in his place.

*

We sat on the chairs, the five of us. In the waiting room. Just waiting. Our dad overdosed on sleeping pills and he wrote a note to Lucas and Jacob. "I'm sorry but I need to be with my girls." It read and it broke my heart.

Lucas was a mess and Jacob was not saying anything. I hadn't even seen my dad since I got back and he was nearly dead. The doctors hadn't said a word. They only said that they had to revive him twice over the last fifteen minutes but he was now on life support and we had to wait until he woke up. If he wakes up.

"This is all my fault." Lucas said.

Everyone turned to look at him. "What?" I yelled and it all fell silent as others stared at our group.

"Well, he called me the other day and I was having an argument with Rachel because of money issues and I brushed dad off and then he pissed me off by asking to see me so I hung up on him." Lucas buried his face in his hands.

"Lucas that is not your fault. It's no ones fault." Sam butted in.

"I brushed him off too because I was messing around with a girl." Jacob added in sadness.

"It's still no ones fault, it's probably mine for disappearing." I added.

"Yeah but you didn't mean too, it wasn't your fault some idiot took you." Sam said.

And at the moment, I remembered I had one question to ask Sam. "What ever happened to the people who took me?" I finally asked.

"Oh, right," Sam sighed, "they both were caught and put in prison for life." He said as he leaned back in his seat while the others were zoning out.

"And I'm sure Detective Brennan and Trent would be happy to know you are alive." Hillary added and I gave her a confusing look.

"They are the detectives who were on the case helping us try to find you and the people who did this. They never gave up but the sheriff at the time told them to give it up as nobody was found." Sam said.

I nodded as I stared blank into space. I never knew so many people cared even people I didn't know. "Who were the people who kidnapped me?" I asked.

"There names were Lennie and Mary Small." Sam replied.

We were interrupted by the nurse. "Your father is surprisingly awake from his small coma so you can see him if you want. Family only." She said as the three of us stood up and followed her down the corridor our dad's room.

I let my brothers go first and I stayed by the door. I didn't want to scare or shock him in any way to make him worse so I just stood and listened. Water started tearing up in my eyes because of how I hadn't seen him in so long and how he nearly died.

"Hey, my two boys are here." Dad Crocker and I smiled. Gosh, I missed what he sounded like.

"Hi." Lucas said as he sat down on the bed, forgetting about me but I didn't mind.

"We have someone who you should meet." Jacob said as he looked my way, holding out his hand.

I slowly paced myself towards Jacob and I took his hand. Dad looked up and he had tears in his eyes. "Jamie!" He laughed and cried at the same time.

"Yeah, I'm here." I whispered as I let go of Jacob's hand and held my dads.

I knelt down and cried with him. "We'll leave you guys alone, we will be in the waiting room with Sam and Hillary." Lucas said as he and Jacob walked out of the room.

"My sweet girl. I've missed you so much, what happened?" He asked with a shaky voice.

I told him the short version of my story and he hugged me tight. "Why did you try to leave this world dad?" I asked him softly.

"I wanted to be with you girls in heaven. I'm sure you have heard about your mother already." He said sadly and I nodded.

"Sorry that I wasn't there." I said.

"Don't apologise, my dear. I'm just glad you are alive and I'll be out soon so we can spend time together and I'm glad I didn't leave this time." He said.

"Family and my friends are my main focus right now." I added and he smiled.

It felt good to be back.

*

I met Lucas' family and they were lovely. Khloe was so adorable and she looked just like her father. While dad was still in hospital, the rest of us were off to visit Haylee as I hadn't been yet. I felt so sad and I started to get headaches and a lightheaded as we approached the grave yard.

I slowly got out of the car with the others and slowly paced myself towards Haylees grave. I carried a bunch of roses and out of know where, I collapsed.