Chapter 9

"Will you go to the party with me?"

As soon as those words leave his lips; for the second time, I am left astounded for the second time. I suddenly can't find any words. The fact that he has actually given me a second chance is just flattering, I don't even know.

"It would be an honour, sir." I giggle through some tears.

"Oh thank God, you had me worried there, taking hours to reply!" he joins me, laughing his deep, loveable laugh.

Suddenly, thoughts of the mid-height, fair skinned boy with pushed back blonde-brown hair and gorgeous deep blue eyes flood my brain. I just can't get him out of my head.

"You said that this wasn't all about the party... does that mean, you know?" I say, hinting but not actually wanting to say anything.

"Oh, I'm really sorry Raina, but I don't think I'm ready for a relationship at the moment, and me and your family aren't exactly on the best of terms right now. But I will make sure to tell you as soon as I know that I'm ready, and if you're ready, then we can you know..." he replies so sweetly. His answer really warms my heart, even though at the end of the day it is a negative answer.

I decide to tease him a little bit because he is obviously as uncomfortable talking about this subject as I am.

"I know what?" I say, pretending to be completely oblivious to what he is talking about, when really, I am sitting here with a huge grin plastered across my face.

"Raina, stop it." he moans like a child.

"No really, I think you need to elaborate," I torment him further.

"You know, get together..." he says, and I can practically see his perfect face turning a bright shade of red.

"Oh, no no no you must have got the wrong end of the stick, I wasn't suggesting that we actually got together!" I can barely hold back the laugh. It's going to come out any second now.

"Oh my, really? I didn't mean any of that, ignore me just, ugh for fu-"I can see he is getting worked up so I decide to put him out of his misery.

"I'm joking Jake," I say, my laugh instantly making a strong appearance afterwards.

"You little roach! I believed you!" he says and I can't help but laugh even harder and soon he joins in.

"I have no idea what I'm going to wear to the party!" I suddenly say, going an instant panic.

"It's only Friday, I can take you out shopping tomorrow and buy myself some kind of suit or whatever to match whatever you're wearing, I don't know. Is that what people do?" he asks.

I can't help but giggle.

"Yes, we'll go to the mall tomorrow. Thank you." I say, finding myself smiling wildly.

"It's the least I can do. Listen, I need to go help around the house because my brother's being a little shit. I'll pick you up at 12 tomorrow. Bye!" he says, and I find myself wishing he didn't have to go. I say my goodbye's and end the phonecall.

As soon as I get off the phone, I start jumping around my room, smiling and laughing hysterically. I am so excited for this party, and Jake even said that we might actually officially start dating when he's ready. I sure hope he's ready soon.

I decide to call Ricki and she picks up after just a few seconds. I scream down the phone and tell her all about mine and Jake's phonecall. I tell her all the details and she is almost as excited as me. A lot of 'I told you so's come from her part, but I just agree because I'm so happy.