Eleven

Destiny

"Houser. In my office, now!" Shawn commands.
If he was going to do what I think he's going to do, I won't let him.
I step in front of Ryan. This is my fault. I was not going to have him lose his job because of me.

Shawn sees this and tilts his head. Questioning my move.
I feel all eyes on us. I think the whole office watching this shit go down. It's like one of those old western showdowns. I'm watching him, he is watching me.

"Destiny, you're pushing it" he says.
His voice is all calm. He isn't clinching his fist anymore, and his face is empty of any emotion. But this is just on the outside.
He can't fool me. The man is pissed.

"You're not about to fire, Ryan."
I fold my arms over my chest challenging him.

"Ryan. In my office now" he repeats in that same calm tone.

"Ryan. Don't move" I say.
Ryan makes a move to obey Shawn though. I mean he is the boss. But this isn't going to go down like that. I step forward, placing my hand on Ryan's arm. Stopping him from moving any further.

Ryan looks down at me like I'm crazy. Shawn looks at me like I've just done the ultimate no-no. Maybe I have.
But shit.
Shawn has been giving me the silent treatment for two whole days. I can't really remember what I exactly did, and I'm not the type of person who goes around saying sorry for shit that I can't remember if my actions were justified or not. But I did kind of miss the attention I had gotten from him so I had to get his attention. My being petty was the way I did it.
But I was not gonna let him fire anyone today. Not because of me. Nope.

"Shawn, You can't stop me from having a conversation."
I look him dead in his eyes. Trying not to pay attention to the office staff watching shit go down. The messy triangle. Our mean ass boss, his assistant, and Ryan.
They were about to find out.

"Destiny...." it was a warning. I ignore it.

"Oh, now you wanna talk. Here I thought you had dropped me like a bad habit." I push.
He narrows his eyes at me. I don't care.

"If you're not acknowledging me unless I'm talking to someone else, then I would much rather you take my two weeks notice so I can take my leave."

"What?!" he looks like he is about to blow his top but I continue.

"I'm just not into fuckboys anymore. Or them fuckboy games you're trying to play."
And my words cause gasps and 'WHAT' from the co-works behind us.
I'd just called our boss a fuckboy. Ryan is looking between Shawn and I. I don't have time for his reaction.

"Just tell me now, if you're really done with me. So I can go, and you can hire some other poor girl to work for your ass." I know I'm not suppose to be stressing about him and that I'm kind of acting out. But deep down, Shawn not talking to me hurt. Was I just another Penelope to him? Shit I wanted to hurt his feelings too, if he had any.

The only emotion this man has is anger. Because he looks like he is about to loose it.

"Destiny. Get your ass in my office right now" he barks.

"Oh now you wanna talk, funny." Now I just sound like a little kid but I don't care.
He gives me a look, turning on his heel he storms off. Nope. This was NOT over.
I move to chase after him, but Ryan stops me.

"You're really fucking with him?!" he asks in disbelief. Shit.

"Ryan.."I started to defend myself.
But he shakes his head and roughly pushes my hand away.

"So you was just playing me, huh." it wasn't a question.
"You know what..." he steps back. He looks at me with disgust.
"Go on ahead. I didn't really want your fat ass anyways."
Now I know I was wrong for bringing him into the mix with the shit show that is Shawn and I. And I hurt Ryan's feeling and all. But those words would have had me up his ass. My first reaction would have been to pop this niggah straight in his mouth. But I surprise myself by not doing this.