Sixteen

Natalie

Who did he think he was rejecting me for her.
I don't think so.
My heels clicking on the cold floor as I make my way to my destination.
Little Asian children standing in rows at every table one this floor of their warehouse.
Only dressed in underwear and face masks, the white powder they all weighed collected in mounts.
A number of yakuza men line the walls. Eyes watching everything. Guns on full display.
I was in enemy territory. The Matsudaira- Kai yakuza were the Don's current thorn. But an enemy of thy enemy are thy friend.

When I make it to his door, one of his men is standing in front of me. Sizing me up. But my patience is low.

"Move." I order.
His hand goes to the weapon underneath his shirt.
I arch my brow.
Did this fool really wanna try me? If anything happens to me he was dead.
"Marco!" his voice yells from behind the door.
I look up into the camera above the door.
He has been watching the whole time.
Prick.
Marco glares at me, but opens the door nonetheless.

"Miss Witmore!!!" Frankie Cho greets me standing up from his desk.
I dislike this man with a passion.
But he does have his moments. Like when he is needed.
I walk over to his desk and make myself at home in the chair in front of his desk.
He smirks at me and returns to his seat.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?"
I look the man up and down.
His greasy hair was slicked back.
His suit was fitted but it was ugly.
Of course he probably thought it was the shit.

I only needed him for one thing and I'd be done with him. He was grimy, and I didn't like him because he was at the bottom of his food chain. But he still got the job done. So he would have to do.

"I need someone taken care of" I tell him.

He cocks an eyebrow. Curiosity written all over his face.
"Why not use your girls? Why me?" He asks.

"This can't be traced back to me."
And proceeded to slide her picture over to him.

He smiles at me with a knowing look before picking up the picture.

He looks at the picture of Destiny before placing it into his coat pocket.

"This will cost you more than my usual rate."

"Done."

Destiny

Ok, maybe I'm well past the shock of this but Shawn is not.
Because I know for a fact he hates fast food, but here we are sitting in a booth at Francesco's Pizza & Wings. We'd picked up the test on the way here and I took them while we waited on our order. Now I'm munching down on my third pizza and he is just sitting in front of me.
He ain't said one word. Just looking at the two very positive pregnancy tests.

"We can go to the clinic when I finish this pizza."
To be honest I didn't know what the hell I was saying.
I was working on autopilot.
But the look on his face when I said that made me think maybe I should've kept my mouth shut.

"What the fuck are you talking about!?"

"I mean I don't know, this isn't something either of us need."

"Destiny, shut your fucking mouth" he tells me.
Shawn is not the type of person who says shit he doesn't mean.
I am at times.
And I'm one for dramatics.
So when he tells me to shut the fuck up, I already know I can see my pregnant belly in an orange jump suit because Shawn is about to DIE.

"You wanna run that by me just one more time?!!" Pizza forgotten that quickly. I'm out of my seat and I'm ready. But he is just sitting there looking me dead in the eyes. His hazel eyes go dark green, his pink full lips turn into a smirk.