Ch.4

To say Percy was scared was to say the least.

Oh, she had dealt with angry Olympians before. Multiple times.

But this? A room full of angry, supercharged Gods, plus three quiet, mysterious Asgardians (two of which she found extremely hot- and hint, it's not Santa) wasn't on her to-do list.

Then again, most of her life was resulted from spontaneous, outrageous on-the-spot decisions gone wrong. Or right. It usually had the same result- ending her up in uncomfortable situations. In this specific scenario, uncomfortable had a broad definition.

"I swear- I will tear their tiny, mortal heads right off of their measly, weak shoulders," Ares growled, then going on to describe in vicious detail about the various ways he would punish the mortals who touched his oh-so-precious Clarisse.

"Calm down everyone. Retrieving the demigods is not only a direct interference with the Ancient Laws, it will also reveal our identity, which we can now confirm is already compromised due to what we ruled to be as the Mist failing," Athena said loudly, causing various shouts of objection to explode around the room. Athena held up a finger, causing the other Olympians, demigods, and already silent Asgardians to fall silent once again.  "I suggest we send our top warrior to investigate. Sending multiple is too conspicuous. We need someone to find a way in stealthily, freeing our offspring without raising red flags as to who," she finished, making the rest of the room wait a moment, then start to slowly agree. Percy, who had only started to pay attention at the mention of her name, sprayed the water she had been drinking all over Loki, who just nodded his head in sad acceptance.

"I'm-I can't! If you've ever met me, I'm not exactly stealthy or the best at lying!" Her friends nodded in agreement. Percy sighed heavily, setting the water down on the floor, leaning her shoulder on the wall and fiddling with her trusted weapon, Riptide. "I guess, though, I would be most willing to. And if it means my friends will stay safe, and helping my friends at camp, I'd be more that willing to," she added, making the gods breath out a breath of relief.

"You sure you're willing to? I'd be more than happy to take your place," Annabeth bit her lip, looking at her best friend sadly. Percy rubbed Annabeth's shoulder in a comforting manner.

"I can do it. Just make sure not to send anyone to look for me, or anyone else, unless I specifically ask you to. Or if I die. Which probably won't happen," Percy added the last part quickly upon seeing her father's reaction, which looked like as if she had already perished. Which was not a happy look, exactly.

"I know these mortals- I used to work with some of these people. I could accompany you if you wish," 

The room turned to Thor, who had shown up mysteriously and was quiet up until now.

"I guess that would be wise," Annabeth analyzed. Her mother nodded in agreement.

"Be careful, peanut," Poseidon said sadly, pulling his unwilling daughter into another one of his bone-crushing hugs.

"I will, dad," she responded, pulling back and walking out the doors, which opened when she approached. Thor turned to leave, but was caught by Poseidon's firm hand, making the Thunder God jerk back.

"If anything happens to my daughter, whether or not you had something to do with it, I swear I will make you wish you had just stayed on that doomed piece of rock with your sister," he growled, pulling Thor close to his face, which was scrunched up in anger.

"I promise- I will make sure to the best of my power that nothing will happen to Per- uh, Lady Persephone," Poseidon nodded at Percy's full name in appreciation. Thor looked beyond the sea god to his father, Odin, who nodded in approval.