Ch.10

"Percy!"

Percy dodged another flying projectile, making a silent reminder to apologize to Thor again. Maybe do something do something extra nice later.

"I'm sorry..." Percy tried softly, walking over to her distressed mom and giving her a hug.

"I thought something had happened! A whole year..." Sally started to sniffle, hugging her daughter closer.

"What happened?" Paul appeared at the doorway, looking exausted. He looked at Sally nervously before noticing the person in her arms.

"Who-?" A sudden look of realization came over his face as he suddenly recognized his step-daughter. He rushed over to his wife and her daughter, joining their hug.

Percy suddenly felt a wave a shame come over her. How selfish had she been? Being a demigod ain't easy, she can surely tell you that with confidence. But being the mother or father of a demigod? Now that took a lot of work, patience, and strength. Raising a single child was hard enough.

Her mother had to have been constantly worried. But in her defense, Percy didn't want to lead monsters to her, or Paul. And some part of Percy didn't want to be a big cloud hanging over her mom's head.

"So what's new, anyways?" Sally pulled back, biting her lip nervously and grabbing Paul's hand. paul gave gave Sally, then Percy, a small smile. "What is this? What are you doing?"

Sally grabbed Percy's hand and all but dragged her to the end of the hallway, next to Percy's old room. She rolled her eyes at her mom.

"Did you guys redecorate or something?"

"Something like that," Paul answered excitidly. He looked really anxious to tell the young hero what was behind that door. Percy decided she had enough waiting. She pulled the door open, expecting a sick game room or maybe like a reallly cool new fishtank.

What she found was a billion times better.

The entire room was painted a light pastel pink- which wasn't Percy's favorite color, but she could deal with it. After all, it was for her baby sister.

A small white cradle with Percy's name on it was resting in the corner, along with various toys. The small child was crying softly, sitting upwards and resting on one of the walls of the cradle. 

"She won't stop crying," Paul commented exaustedly, sitting down in one of the rocking chairs residing in one of the corners of the room. Percy walked over to the crying child, who looked up at her with curiosity. Next to her name on the side of the wood was a fresh name, just carved and painted pink. 

"Estelle," Percy looked over to her mom with a big smile. 

"When?"

"We found out two days after you... left," Percy looked down at the baby, who smiled at her sister. Percy extended her arms out and lifted the small child, who had ceased crying. Paul and Sally looked at her with wonder.

"We had tried everything?" Paul stated confusidly to his wife, who shrugged. Estelle let out a giggle and tugged at a strand of Percy's hair, who didn't bat an eyelash. Still, she was surprised at the brutal strength of the 4-month old baby. 

"Well, I guess we can go now," Paul suggested. Sally shook her head rapidly.

"Go where?" Percy asked her parents. Sally looked a bit angry at Paul, hitting him lightly on the shoulder, obiviously for suggesting whatever it was. Sally sighed deeply.

"We were going to go for a vacation, but the sitter cancelled last second. It's fine, we can stay," Sally added the last part, knowing her overly selfless daughter all too well. Percy hadn't noticed the luggage scattered around the room until now. Thinking of her mom and Paul, the house did seem a little cleaner that usual.