Ch.9

Upon entering the room, Percy could tell that something had changed. Tony, while a little warmer, was still staring at her somewhat suspiciously. 

Percy casted her eyes over to Thor, who had walked into the room and taken a seat at the far end of the table.

"Loki's making a scene again," Steve appeared in the doorway, leaning against the frame with his arms crossed and his brow furrowed. Thor sighed sadly, standing up from the seat he just had sat down in.

"He's just being dramatic. Give him a moment,"

"Thor, your brother-,"

"Yes, I know,"

"You should probably get that," Thor looked annoyed, but walked out the door and summoned his axe anyways.

"You okay? You seem tired." 

Percy casted her eyes over to Steve, who had just walked into the kitchen. She sighed. "What gave it away?"

"You can have the day off, anyway," Tony piped up. 

'Wait- day off? What were you guys planning?" Steve shrugged.

"Another evaluation, if you were up to it," Percy shook her head rapidly, earning a nod from Steve. "Makes sense,"

"Put me down!" Thor had a hand on Loki's neck, and was steering him into the break room. Steve gave a small smile to Percy, then proceeding to walk out into the kitchen, where Tony was. "I am not your pet!"

"Really? I wouldn't have known the difference," Loki rolled his eyes and rubbed his neck where Thor had put his hand.

"I didn't know!"

"You've only been to Earth- what, 4, 5 times in the last century? How could you he known, brother?" Thor asked sarcastically.

"I was a bit busy-,"

"Oh, yes. Trying to take over Midgard- I almost forgot,"

Loki looked annoyed, but didn't oppose. Thor casted Percy a small grin, making her inwardly smile.

"Lady Persephone. You look-," Loki looked her up a down, frowning slightly. "-fine," he decided, seeing the downright murderous look gracing her usually nonchalant features.

"What did you do this time?" she asked the god of mischief, her voice coming out as more of a sigh.

"Well-"

"He was attacked downstairs by some girls,"

"Not technically,"

"Haters?" Percy asked, mostly to Thor.

"Ehh, not really,"

"Fans?" Loki laid down on one of the couches, draping his arm over his head dramatically.

"It's humiliating! Degrading! How can you guys deal with it?" Loki said disbelievingly. Thor

"Personally, I can't relate," Natasha said, appearing at the coffee maker. She swiped a cup, taking it into the kitchen.

"Nat's too scary to have fans," Bruce said, swiping an apple and turning into the kitchen.

"I was surprised too. I thought you were too greasy to have fans,"

"Shut up. At least I don't look homeless,"

"That's offensive to the homeless," Clint said, walking through and into the kitchen.

"What is in there?" Percy asked, pushing her chair into the table and walking into the doorway of the kitchen, which was mysteriously empty. Thor appeared behind her, looking over her shoulder and into the weirdly empty room.