Ch.8

To say Percy was embarrassed was to say the least.

To say the Avengers were shocked was, well, to say the least.

"...who did this to you?" Tony asked softly. Percy kept her eyes trained on the ground.

"You idiot!" Loki stood up from where he was on the ground, walking furiously over to where Thor was standing. "You blundering fool! Do you know what you have done?"

"I did what I had to, brother,"

"Did you consider for one second that maybe not everyone is comfortable with everyone else knowing their past? And that maybe she came to me for a reason, when she could've just gone with you?"

"I'm not a witch! I can't do magic!"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," Loki growled, pushing his brother backwards before lending Percy his jacket. She seemed frozen, but she took it anyways, draping the huge cloth over her protectively.

Percy walked out the door, hitting Thor's shoulder on the way out. Loki scowled at Thor once more before following her.

"Did you know about this?" Natasha asked Thor, who nodded.

"To be fair, I didn't know it would be that bad," he argued. Natasha glared at him before walking out the door to follow Percy and Loki.

"I guess dismissed, then," Tony said, throwing the clipboard on the ground and walking out the door, stopping at the doorway. "And by the way, your friend has to stay here,"

Thor nodded. Even if Loki thought he was an idiot, he had just gotten the first part of his plan to work- Percy couldn't leave. Even if it was only temporary.

***

Was Percy pissed?

Only a little.

She wasn't ashamed of her battle scars- they were like souvenirs to the shittiest vacation ever. But it was also a painful reminder that she was still alive, and very fortunate to be. Some people didn't walk away with only scars and scratches, and some didn't walk away at all.

She ran towards the stairs, still not comfortable with elevators, to the floor where she had stayed with Thor the previous night.

She ran to the last room on the hallway, which seemed to be unoccupied by anyone. A spare room, maybe? Surely there's a lot of them in this house- if it could be called that.

The room was pretty different than Thor's, which was decorated with various items and dust. This one seemed flawless to a fault, white bedsheets, walls, and polished everything. Nothing. She reminded herself to leave housekeeping a tip, leaning against the bedframe and sinking into the soft cloth, sticking her feet out and crossing them.

She seemed to melt into the giant mound of pillows, which were perfectly arranged. And a bonus, Loki's huge jacket, which was super comfortable for leather. She looked down at her stomach, tracing the small white lines with her fingers. She couldn't recall which came from each battle, but she definitely could to some degree. The longer ones from Tartarus. The small flecks from the glass, strange patterns from the acidic air.

"Comfortable?"

Percy turned abruptly to the doorway, where the white- haired girl was standing. Natasha. Black Widow.

She looked forwards, ignoring the company.

"I wouldn't know. I don't usually sleep here anyways,"

Now that Natasha had pointed it out, Percy could see little traces of the room being lived in- the cloth peeking out from the doorway, the scuff marks on the door, the door, the do-not-disturb sign on the door handle. She should have known from that alone.