Ch.15

The landscape changed. Unfortunately. 

Percy was in an unfamiliar ballroom this time. Soft, classical music played as she spun round and round with a stranger, her dress flying out from underneath her as she danced. She was enveloped in a soft white dress that was decorated with streaks of gold, a dress that she recognized more that she wished she could. 

She looked back at the stranger, who spun her off in a different direction into the arms of another. 

Poseidon?

"Hey, Peanut." Her father's smile beamed down on her with an unreal glow. "You look so beautiful. I'm so proud."

Percy's face was still one stuck in confusion, one that either Poseidon didn't care about or didn't see. 

"Though I still know a guy I can set you up with. You don't have to go through with this." Poseidon winked at his only daughter, who's mouth was agape in confusion. 

"Ah, it looks like my time is up."

Poseidon spun Percy into the arms of another. 

"Why look so worried?" Percy looked up into the eyes that she prayed to forget every night. "Isn't this supposed to be the happiest night of our lives? The war is over," he said, a smile gracing his soft lips and a light laugh escaping his mouth. "You and I, we'll move to that cabin in Montauk you've always been rambling about."

A tear trailed down Percy's cheek, wiping the ashes that were caked onto her skin. 

"I know your dad doesn't like me much. I love you though, Persephone. And I promise nothing else can keep up apart."

One after another, tears streamed down her face. 

Luke smiled again, though this time it was cold, distant.

"We could've had this Persephone. I wish you hadn't killed me."

Annabeth's knife was embedded in his stomach, surrounded by blood pouring out of the lethal wound at a fast pace.

"I hope Thor makes you happy."

***

Percy woke up in a cold sweat, a small scream escaping her lips. Despite the heat of summer, she shivered excessively, sweeping her hair out of her face and taking a deep breath. Thor was standing up next to her, looking concerned.

"Persephone?"

She couldn't meet his gaze, but nodded.

"I'm fine. Just nightmares."

Looking unsatisfied with this answer, Thor walked over to the other side of the bed. Carefully,  he climbed into the opposite side in which Percy laid, a cup of water grasped in his hand.

Thor reached over to Percy, who had an outstretched hand waiting to take the cup. Thor then proceeded to dump the contents over Percy's head with a smile.

"Thanks, Thor."

"Anytime."

Thor looked softly at the daughter of Poseidon who thank to her powers, was now dry. He sat on the opposite side again, looking into his hands. "Do you need to talk about it?"

"I think I just need some fresh air."

***

Upon looking at Stark tower at this moment, one would probably not be able to notice the two godly figures outlooking on the highest balcony that the luxurious tower offered. Unless, of course, you had help.