Ch. 21

Percy narrowed her eyes, pushing Riptide deeper into the man's skin.

"What do you know about Erebus?" She asked threateningly. Thor stood beside her, his red cape billowing around his ankles majestically. 

The boy looked worried, his eyes darting between the demigoddess and his surroundings. Percy, realizing nothing was coming out of their interaction, stepped away from him. 

She pulled Thor aside, grabbing his arm and dragging him away. "I don't think we're getting anywhere," she said sadly. He nodded, his grim expression mirroring hers. He stood still for a moment, gazing at the Parthenon and the various cloaked figures laying beside it, unconscious. He turned slowly to Percy, giving an expression she couldn't recognize. 

"Do you think whatever they stole is still here?" She asked him. He shook his head. 

"If Erebus is as smart as you say he is, the sword would be gone by now," he answered. Percy agreed with him silently.

"And where would he hide it? Obviously if it isn't here, it ought to be somewhere within our reach," she asked, joining his side. He put a hand to his chin thoughtfully, turning to meet her gaze completely.

"I think I know someone who might know."

***

"And why would you come to me, exactly?"

Percy looked at Thor, who shrugged. 

"Erebus is trying to take over the world, you tried to take over the world. Similarities, I guess?"

Loki gave Thor a look of almost... disappointment, before nodding his head. "And you really want my opinion for this?"

"Let's be honest, brother." Thor pointed his axe at Loki nonchalantly, making Percy step back and widen her eyes just a bit. "You wouldn't have traveled here, across the world, to be petty. So I think you'd know."

Loki looked at Thor for a moment, before nodding yet again. "I guess you're right." He walked over to the ruins, looking at the giant building that was surrounded by holes. "To be honest, I would say Tartarus, if he's smart." 

"But?"

"But I think that Erebus is more disorganized, and probably wouldn't want such a powerful item too close. So my guess?" Percy waited silently for his answer, biting her lip with anticipation. "Probably somewhere in Greece."

Thor frowned, but nodded. "And I assume you won't be staying to help us find it?" 

Loki smiled. "And risk you screwing this whole thing up? Not a chance."

***

Tony, to be honest, expected a mob to be waiting in Athens for his and the other Avenger's arrival. 

But, not this kind of mob. 

Almost immediately as they stepped onto the Athens ground, a small flying object flew into the group, almost hitting the billionaire in the face. Or it would have, if Steve hadn't caught it first. 

Wanda looked curiously, her hands already starting to glow a bright scarlet. "Get ready," she said, tilting her head and casting a cautious look around.

Steve pulled it into his palm, looking at it for a moment before whipping out his shield, throwing the arrow to the ground. 

And as if it were a que, a hoard of monsters raced towards the group. 

Tony immediately tapped into his suit, rising above the group and calling to his team. 

"I guess we have company," he said sarcastically, blasting a monster square in the face. Natasha cocked an eyebrow.