🦋Thanks to my Best Friend🦋

i've known Beverly ever since preschool and we've been inseparable.
we both had abusive parents and we helped each other out.
until one day in 5th grade, her dad dragged Beverly to a new town. Derry, Maine.
i never saw her again.

until now, i'm moving to Derry and i'm so excited to see her again.

SKIP TO FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
i stepped into the school and i saw her. a red haired girl getting books from her locker. there was a boy by her side too and they were smirking at each other. ooh. somebody's got a boooyyyfrrrriiieeennnddd i thought to myself.
her hairs shorter and she's way older and very pretty. i come up behind her, "BOO!" and she jumps and turns my way. her face lights up and throws herself into my arms while i giggle. "oh my god. y/n!" she pulls back and we both have a little bit of tears in our eyes. "Beverly. oh my god. i missed you so much boo" i smile. she's smiles back, "i missed you so much too y/n" i glance at the boy next to her, who is completely confused. "oh. y/n this is Bill. Bill this is y/n" he holds out my hand and i gladly shake it. i glance toward Beverly and wiggle my eyebrows. "stop" she says, blushing. "i can introduce you to my friends later" she offers and changes the subject. i nod gladly.

TIME SKIP TO BILLS HOUSE
Beverly introduces me to Mike, Ben, Eddie, Stanley, and Richie. "you already know Bill"
i smile to everyone and everyone smiles back. except for the boy with the buggy glasses.
Richie? i think that's him.
he just stares at me

RICHIE POV
Eddie smacks my shoulder. "stop making it so obvious"
"what? what's obvious" i don't take my eyes of y/n
she's literally the most gorgeous thing alive.
"uh. you are like falling head over heals for y/n. jesus christ Rich."
i snap myself out of it and look at Richie. "what? no i'm not. i don't like her!"
he gives me and sarcastic look.
"okay fine. whatever"
"you better ask her out before you make a fool of yourself"
"yeah. ok, i will"

SKIP TO ABOUT THRITY MINS LATER (still Richie's pov)

i nudge Eddie, getting his attention.
"i think.... i think i'm gonna ask her."
he shrugs and tells me good luck.
i make my way over to y/n and her beautiful face. "hey. uhm. can i talk to you?" she looks up at me. "yeah, sure!" she says standing up.
she follows me into the hall. "okay, look. i really like you. and it's not like me to like a person like this right away but when you showed up infront of my eyes, my heart melted. i think i'm falling in love with you."
her face looks shocked.
"oh, i promise you. this is not some joke or anything, i really like you" i take her hands.
i shake my head slightly, realizing what i'm saying. "it's not like me to be all lovey dovey or whatever but.... you're..... you're just perfect" i glance down at my feet. "will you.... go out with me?"
she takes a second to respond. "ye-yes i'll go out with you. i really like you too Richie. but i need to check with somebody"
check with somebody?
does she already have a boyfriend?
shit.
i follow her as she walks out of the hall and goes to..... Beverly....?
"hey Bev. so Richie asked me out and i'm just wondering if that's okay with you....?" she says with a blush creeping up her face. "wha- why are you asking me? of course you can! that's so cute!!" she smiles. "it's just... you were the one that introduced us, so....."
"hey don't worry about it! y'all are cute together"
she looks behind at me and smiles. i go over and take her hand.
Beverly's smile fades and she sarcastically laughs, "break her heart. i'll break your fa-"
she holds up a finger in my face but y/n cuts her off. "OHKAY. that's enough. thank you Beverly" she smiles and looks back at me.
i couldn't wait any longer.
i don't like taking things slow
i put my hand on her cheek and move it so it's faceing me and kiss her. she hesitates but kisses back.
when we pull back i look into her eyes and she looks into mine. the losers aww and i hold up my middle finger to them, still smiling into y/n's eyes. she giggles and smirks. "i love you" i say. "i love you too"