Chapter 4

~Edited

Julian has been sitting outside of his mate's hospital room at the Moonblood pack for a straight two weeks now. The door now had gouges in it, where in the first week, his wolf tried to claw through it to get to his mate. The pack doctor, who Julian managed to scare half out of her mind, had to re-break most of his bones. He had been beaten so much and so hard that that they had managed to break almost all of his bones in multiple places. His screams of agony had literally torn him to bits.

For a whole week after Julian found him, he remained in wolf from unable to change back. His soul in so much pain and anger.

"Julian, have something to eat," the pack doctor, Mandy, said putting a plate of food in front of him. Julian couldn't even smell the food, let alone see it.

"Mandy, he's been quiet for too long. Is he supposed to sleep that long? Is that normal?" he asked, frantic. Over the two weeks here, the doctor had become somewhat of a friend to him.

"You know you're no good to him if you put yourself into the same conditions as him," she said slowly patting his hunched shoulders.

"If I eat, can I see him?" his voice broke. Julian hadn't seen him since he allowed his beta Sam to carry him out the basement. He would have done it himself, but he was in wolf form and was afraid he would hurt him more than he already was.

"Yes. If you eat, you can see him. We've managed to stabilize him," she said.

Grudgingly, Julian picked up the spoon, scooped up some of the food and shoved it in his mouth and down his throat. He couldn't taste the food at all; all he felt was the coldness of the spoon as it bit into his flesh.

"That's it, a bit more," with Mandy urging him on, he managed to down most of the food on the plate. The first real thing he had eaten in the past two weeks. "There you go, now drink some water', she smiled at him as he swallowed the liquids. He had to admit, he did feel more energized.

"Let me take these dishes down to the kitchen and I'll take you in. I will let you in, but he's all hooked up and I need to show you where to step," she apologized.

Julian was already up on his feet and ready to go. When Mandy came back up the stairs he was practically bouncing. He was curious, but wasn't in the least bit concerned that his mate was ,in fact, a guy. Even if he was a cat, Julian would still love him.

When Julian set eyes on him, his heart actually stopped then started beating double time. He was stunning, like an angel. He had been cleaned up but there was still flecks of blood over his body. He had multiple stitches all over, and he was completely covered in scars. Julian wanted to weep at the sight of them. It made him want to hunt down any one who had partaken in this and rip them to such tiny shreds, no one would ever be able to identify them.

On bringing his mate up from the basement, Alpha Dacio had first attacked Julian screaming that he had no right to mess with his pack members. But in Julian's state of blood lust, he had attacked Alpha Dacio. When the rest of his pack had joined in Alpha Dacio, his beta Jacob, and quite a few members of the pack that were close to him ran off into the woods.

But even that hadn't take away from his apparent beauty and build. He was built very similar to Julian, but only slightly smaller. His muscles were defined, but not quite; You could see them but only slightly. His skin was pale, due to lack of exposure to sunlight. He was beautiful. Julian wanted to touch him. He wanted to kiss is pale pink lips.

"You can stay with him from now on. He's stable enough for company," Mandy said as she walked out after checking all his vitals.

"Mandy?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." She smiled and nodded at him before walking out.

Turning back to his mate, he sat down beside him on the king sized bed. He ran his fingers through his hair and shivered at the sensation. His hair was cool and silky, like a summer's breeze. Even though the smell of blood still clung to him, Julian could now get a whiff of his own scent. Closing his eyes, he committed it to memory.

He smelled like roses. Roses swaying in a light spring breeze as morning dew rolled off its petals. Sweet and beautiful. Leaning down he brushed his lips across his forehead before resting his head on the pillow beside him.

Looking at him from this angle, Julian felt his breath hitch again. He ghosted his fingers over his sleeping features. He wanted to touch him so bad. He wanted to know everything about him. What was his name? What was his favorite food? His favorite color? His favorite everything .

Sighing to himself, he closed his eyes. Now that Julian had seen him, he felt drained. The adrenaline that had kept him going for the last two weeks finally started to seep out of his system. Completely drained, he fell asleep.