Chapter 9: Hello again, part 1

A/N hello again everyone! Sorry for not updating in awhile. I was busy with Not all as it Seems and drafting out another new book, a Bfdi, Inanimate Insanity and Jurassic Park crossover (the prologue for it is up now) Anyways, enjoy and thank you for 200+ reads!

Velociraptor's POV:

The cool night breeze rustles my feathers as I set foot into Yoyleland. I can see the outline of Yoyle city in the distance despite that it's a cloudy night. I also know that looking for Leafy is a very risky thing to do- if another contestant caught me, or worse yet Four or X caught me, I would be dead meat. Snapping out of my grim thoughts, I realize that I'm going to need I better way to find her than just walking around Yoyleland like a fool. Then I got an idea: see if I could pick up her scent. Sense I'm a predator, I'm able to pick up and recognize individual scents easily.

I stand up straight to my full height, in order to have a better chance of picking something up. I inhale though my nose and sure enough, even though it's faint, it's definitely Leafy. I lower myself from my horizontal position and head deeper into Yoyleland, heading where my nose is guiding me.

(20 minutes later)

I've followed my nose and been lead to a small hill. I notice one of the sides is rocky and kind of like a mini cliff. Suddenly hear something hit the ground behind me and spin around, only to hear a much louder thud behind me. It's clear now that whatever hit the ground first was a decoy. I feel the feathers on my back and neck raise and I quickly turn around to see Leafy holding up at least a dozen knives, ready to throw them at me. However, she quickly recognizes me, lowers the knifes slightly and says, "You again?"

Leafy's POV

I was sharpening some of my knives sense I wasn't sleepy yet. I thought back to the close call that night. Yikes. I now see that going near the edge of Yoyleland is a bad idea. I look up when I hear a faint noise that sounds like footsteps but think it's just my imagination. I then hear the footsteps more frequently. Ok, that's definitely not my imagination. I look down the hill I'd climbed and can see someone down there, although I can't make out who. However, I do know that it's a threat, and that I need to strike first before it strikes me.

I turn and grab about 20 knifes. Walking to the edge of the hill, I kick I rock off to distract them. Success. I leap down, take aim, and just before I throw the knives, they turn around. I realize something: it's the Velociraptor from that night. I lower my knives slightly, not feeling as much a need to attack, and ask "You again?"

A/N I'll start work on part 2 tomorrow. Remember to comment and vote! Hope you enjoyed!