Chapter 13: Grizzly bears are dangerous

A/N 800 views?! Thank you guys so much! Also, slight gore warning for this chapter I guess? I tried not to make too gory, but still.

(Time skip to the lair ball you don't want)

Velociraptor's POV.

I feel horrible.

I had the dream yet again last night, but after I woke up from it, I couldn't sleep at all. I've just been laying in the bushes, covering my head with my arms to try and block out the sun and noise coming from the direction of the Lavatories. It isn't working.

Finally giving up on the concept of sleep, I force myself to my feet to check out the noise.

Once I reach the Lavatories, I look around to see many of the contestants playing with toys that I've never seen before. Looks quite fun actually. I start to walk down to join the fun when a bunch of people yell Loser's name. Glancing to my left, and indeed, Loser is there.

Trotting on over, I hear Loser say something but I don't make it out. Standing next to the others, I hear Fanny say, "Loser, these toys where just invented. You said you used to play with them, an hour ago they didn't exist. They weren't invented yet. You couldn't have been playing with them if they didn't exist! THAT IS A LIE! You lied to us Loser! Why did you do that?! Why did you intentionally tell us something that was made up?! WHY DID YOU LIE TO US, LOSER?!"

Silence. For once, complete silence.

(Time skip)

Loser was eliminated with 12,062 votes, which totally shocked me. I just.... don't understand. At least that awful contest is over. I mean, our team was already small enough, but now that Balloony is dead, with no one to recover him, it's even worse. Can't forget the threat of Evil Leafy getting ready to kill everyone though, which certainly doesn't make things better.

The moon is rising now, and with most asleep, I think it's safe for me to pay a visit to Leafy. Moving past the Goiky River, where I just washed the orange coloring out of my fur, I take the path to Yoyleland.

Once I reach Yoyle city, I stop for a second to admire the view. The moonlight gleaming off the windows, despite being long abandoned, was gorgeous. Well, I need to find Leafy now.

"Leafy! You here?" I yell. After calling out a few more times, I saw some bushes moving, and out of them came Leafy.

"Oh! Hey Velociraptor!" She greets me.

I walk over to her. "Hey. Just wanted to visit and see if we can find a way to stop Evil Leafy and stuff. I also just kinda wanted a small break from the competition, you know?"

She nods. "I get that. But also you look really, really tired." She replies.

I yawn. "Yeah. I had a sleepless night and the challenge was exhausting."

"Well, I have cleared out this house here for me to live in," She says, pointing to a house by my left, "You wanna go inside and talk there?" She offers me.

"Oh, sure!" I say happily, following Leafy into the house.

As I step in though the door, I'm surprised at how nice it is. This seems like a decently pricey place. I mean, the kitchen has marble counter tops, as well as electricity, although I'm not sure how Leafy managed to get it up and running, as the city has been abandoned a long time.

And as if Leafy knew my thoughts, she said, "Your surprised at how nice at is, I see. I was surprised too when I first found this house, especially since there wasn't any mold growth or rotting wood." She tells me as she walks over to the counter, sitting down on a stool.